Senior Software Test Engineer
Quardev, Inc is actively seeking new team members to join our family of exceptional people. We have a fast-growth, community-minded culture that is built on integrity, innovation, and fun, with a commitment to Doing-What-It-Takes to get the job done for our clients. Our five-star service standard, along with our professionalism and personable, partnering approach to doing business has earned us a 100% return rate with our clients since opening in 2000. Come join us and trade your job in for a career and become excited about going to work again.The Senior Software Test Engineer will be a key member of the test team. Responsibilities include troubleshooting and triaging problem reports from our communications system testing process. The successful candidate will have a balance of skills and experience with design of testing of communication software applications.
- Actively participate in project-wide reviews of requirements, system architecture, and detailed design documents.
- Test the product release as needed to support the target release schedule.
- Debug errors found during test execution and produce complete defect packages in support of development.
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover, document and regress defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Communicate test estimates, test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- 3+ years of experience as a Senior Tester with previous ownership of a major software component
- 7+ years of practical engineering experience testing Java and C/C++ based components in a Linux environment.
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of testing methodologies
- Understanding technical specifications and log file analysis.
- Strong verbal, documentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience interfacing with customers on previous projects
- Able to successfully communicate technical concepts and information to internal staff and peers - you have an opinion and are capable of getting across your ideas in a respectful and meaningful way
- Actively build and maintain a set of black box test cases.
- Working knowledge of HP Quality Center for defect management and test case development.
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Experience working with offshore resource
- Proven experience running daily triage. Capable of defining process improvements.
- You work well within a team environment, capable of supporting your peers by actively doing your part.
Local candidates ONLY.
- Previous experience with agile development methodologies.
- Previous experience with setting up or performing testing on complex test platforms.
- Previous experience working cross-team in support of multiple releases.
- Previous experience defining and improving test processes.
US Citizens and Green Card holders are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
If you are ready for a challenge with a fast growing, exciting company send your resume and cover letter to us at email@example.com . We look forward to hearing from you.
Quardev - 4 months ago
Since 2000, Quardev has carefully forged a reputation as one of the industry's premier providers of software testing, Web testing, and techn...