AppSense is looking for experienced Senior Solution Architects. This individual will provide customers technical leadership in the installation, configuration, and implementation of AppSense solutions and related technologies. The position requires the ability to execute projects independently and to implement high-quality technical solutions based on industry best-practices and complex business and technical requirements. Ideal candidates will provide high quality of services to our customers and able to develop and maintain excellent relationships coupled with a proven track record of success.
AppSense provides a supportive environment for Consultants looking to grow their careers and realize high earnings potential. Join a challenging, technology focused environment, earn a competitive salary and benefits package, receive the training you need to stay ahead of the curve, and work in a casual, smart, and fast-paced organization.
Assessment & Consulting
Plan & Build
- Perform needs analysis, information gathering on client expectations and technical baselines for writing or technical review of Statements of Work.
- Assist Project Managers in writing the scope of work and technical assumptions of the Statements of Work or if performed by a provider confirm these two aspects.
Maintain and develop knowledge of the AppSense solutions portfolio and specific practice area offerings.
- Perform consultation, implementation, documentation, and knowledge transfer for billable engagements
- Provide technical reviews and reviews of both existing and potential manufacturers for their technical competency
- Manage & Maintain
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies and products, including attaining certifications and participation in industry events as appropriate
- Work with the Professional Services organization to maintain both company and department goals
Conduct consulting engagements and deliver solutions in a timely and effective manner.
Assist in the development of AppSense service offerings, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimates.
Help to document best practices in developing and deploying AppSense solutions, and feed them into our knowledge base for reuse by customers and partners.
Provide regular update/reports to the both the project and account teams
Experience - Knowledge Required & Qualifications:
At least 5 years of relevant experience in which 3 years must be in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer, preferably with an Internet or Big 4 consulting organization.
Solid experience with modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development.
Strong in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments, including failover techniques, recovery/rollback, and application partitioning.
Strong practical Windows systems administration skills.
Excellent knowledge in computer server architectures, including peripheral interfaces (SCSI, RAID, Ethernet) and multi-processor designs (SMP).
Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards (e.g. SNMP); capacity/performance management and tuning; and storage and network management.
Understanding of modern IT production data center and Internet (ISP/ASP) hosting operations.
A good practical understanding of Web-based application development, including IIS server platforms.
Industry certifications and experience with Citrix, VMware, MSFT, and related companies.
Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
Ability to travel up to 70 percent of the time.
B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
AppSense - 19 months ago