CableLabs is seeking an experienced Senior Solution Architect to quickly assess our clients business and technical challenges. The Sr. Solution Architect will act as the primary interface to our Cable Operator client and be responsible for development and project coordination working with multiple stakeholders. Responsibilities include onboarding new CableLabs Members, creating proposals, leading Member project work, contributing to the Common Information Architecture (CIA) roadmap development and helping in the preparation of project updates. Success will require timely capture of project business value and ongoing contribution to the community site.
The Solution Architect will be the primary interface to client technical teams, making it easy to apply CIA and assuring the acceleration of project deliverables. This individual will work with strategic industry partners and vendors, gathering requirements with the purpose of designing and deploying cost-effective architectures that improve interoperability and efficiency.
- Act as staff network systems and CableLabs Information Architecture expert with client software development teams, enterprise architects and business owners.
- Act as a liaison encouraging and supporting project use and contribution with the goal to make CIA useful and easy to adopt.
- Translate business requirements into system, application, and process designs including identification of functional requirements and leading others in the identification, justification and design of BSS/OSS architectures.
- Track and document requirements for enterprise software development projects and enhancements providing updates. Present and solicit feedback from CableLabs clients related to the CIA models and tools.
- Assist in analysis of system elements, such as system software, transactions, integration architecture, data modeling, and processes, with recommendations for appropriate changes.
- Develop relationships with key project stakeholders (business and technical) to assist in meeting these objectives.
- Bachelors Degree in CS or Engineering; Masters Degree a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in Systems Engineering and/or IT with a good blend of both functional and technical skills in enterprise Cable/Telecommunications BSS/OSS systems and solution architectures.
- Significant customer facing, consulting and listening skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal consultative skills with ability to communicate effectively at both the executive and technical levels; strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead large technical teams.
- Experience driving and realizing a complex, full end-to-end solutions and how decision/design impacts architecture delivery.
- Four years experience in Systems Integration and implementation. Some working knowledge of cable systems BSS/OSS architecture, network operations, and administration is desirable.
- Experience designing and implementing B/OSS Enterprise Architectures based on industry best practices; experience designing open architectures that adhere to service oriented principles.
- Experience with at least one major vendor B/OSS platform is preferred.
- Strong data modeling experience; design of both logical and physical data architectures.
- Understanding of integration technologies and approaches, SOA, ESB, WS-*, XML/XSD, REST.
- Knowledge and experience with UML, Java, ESB and XML.
- Ability to travel 25-30%.
- Experience with TM Forum Shared Information Data Model and/or DMTF Common Information Model preferred.
This is a full-time, salaried position with a superior benefits package and the ability to influence an industy!
CableLabs - 13 months ago