The Sr. Solution Engineer provides pre-sales support in relation to the successful selling of IDeaS solutions. Utilizes strong hospitality domain knowledge and experience in revenue management to provide consultative approach to understanding client needs; and then architecting, documenting, presenting and demonstrating software and services solutions. Works closely with Regional Sales Directors to develop and close pipeline opportunities
Essential Job Responsibilities
Essential Job Qualifications
- Provide leadership in client engagements of RM solutions and associated value propositions in collaboration across IDeaS organization - technology, services, consulting
- Apply advanced knowledge of IDeaS products and solutions in sales opportunities
- Select appropriate solutions in the IDeaS product mix for new and existing customers
- Provide business and hotel revenue system expertise in bid processes and proposals through key document reviews and solution content provision
- Qualify, prepare and deliver presales client presentations including implementation feasibility studies as well as proof of concept delivery
- Design efficient demo's with clear objectives, success criteria and scope control (where required) to successfully position the value of IDeaS solutions
- Participate in and contribute to bids process and approvals matrices
- Collaborate with sales in developing account strategies, assessment of account needs and critical sales issues to ensure account satisfaction and achievement of Regional Revenue quotas
- Investigate and evaluate different technologies including 3rd party vendors
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Additional Job Requirements
- 5 years of experience in hospitality, distribution and revenue management
- 3 years of experience in corporate RM leadership or regional RM director responsibility with a hospitality chain utilizing automated revenue management systems.
- Bachelor's Degree or greater
- Working knowledge of PMS (property management systems), CRS (central reservation systems), Channel Management, and other hotel revenue systems.
- Passionate about bringing revenue management capabilities to leading hotel chains in the region.
- Proven business acumen with the ability to communicate the IDeaS solution to the client and represent IDeaS as the expert in this field.
- Embraces being part of a sales organization and competing for business.
- Ability to demonstrate, communicate and document the IDeaS value proposition, appropriate solution and unique market positioning to clients
- Comfortable seeking requirements from and presenting recommendations to executive audiences in hospitality (corporate, ownership, and property).
- Effective presentation skills.
- 8 overall years of experience in technical sales, or technical support, or consulting or related area of expertise related to RM
- Combined hospitality experience working with international hotel chains as well as local hotel chains and independents.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered
- Work is typically performed in an office environment, using simple, easy muscular movements, involving only the handling of light materials, tools, or equipment in easy work positions, and with no special speed requirements or long stretches of exertion.
- Vision requirements for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to travel up to 60%
- Position ideally located in MN
"This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements."
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require , now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
SAS Institute - 11 months ago
Don't talk back to this company about business intelligence. SAS (pronounced "sass") specializes in software used for busines...