Senior Solution Developer – Oracle, SQL, ETL Unix/Linux
- Collaborate with professional Technical Architect to understand the design of the solution.
- Document processing instructions (specifications) for the development team.
- Lead the develop effort.
- Provide technical direction to developers where necessary.
- Hands-on development as time permits.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager to develop and maintain an accurate project forecast.
- Keeps project manager well informed of status of development effort and serves as liaison between development staff and project manager.
- Performs code reviews and mentors junior developers.
NOTE: Oracle PL/SQL is not heavily used and is not a requirement.
- 5+ years as an Oracle developer
- SQL expert (5+ years of use in day-to-day job duties)
Nice to haves
- 5+ years of hands-on heavy duty ETL experience.
- 5+ years working on a Linux/Unix platform
- 2+ years of experience leading a small team of developers
- 2+ years of Perl experience (or similar interpreted language like Python, PHP, Lisp, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience creating Oracle indexes, partitions, foreign keys, etc.
- Strong technical leadership skills
- Strong understanding of SDLC
- Strong communication skills
- Strong writing skills
- Self-motivated and self-managing.
- Enjoy working with smaller IT teams (5-10 IT professionals)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related curriculums
- Minimal travel
- Database Marketing Industry experience
- Familiarity with Oracle analytic functions
- Project management skills
- Experience working with large (multi-Terabyte) databases
- Experience optimizing SQL queries using explain plans and/or tkprof
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Business Objects, Crystal Reports, OBIEE, Alterian, Cognos, etc.)
- Familiarity with Campaign segmentation and selection tools (e.g. Unica Affinium Campaign, Alterian, Aprimo,etc.)
The Allant Group - 19 months ago