Position Title |
Senior Sourcing Analyst
Business Unit Description
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Specialty Chemicals and the Community Development and Land Management Group. We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. We help people keep track of their medications ( Dosepak ®, and Shellpak ® packaging), take care of their homes and gardens ( Mixor ® Trigger Sprayers) and their communities ( Evotherm ® asphalt). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life.
With about 15,000 employees worldwide, MWV operates in 30 countries and serves customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Senior Sourcing Analyst is responsible for supporting the strategic sourcing requirements within the North American direct sourcing team and will be accountable for specific material categories. This role will be involved, to varying degrees, with all aspects of the strategic sourcing process, including project planning, specifications development, supply market research and supplier engagement, evaluation and selection. The position has an analytical component and 'customer-orientation' at its core, which requires strong analytical, project management and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate must be comfortable working independently and in a team environment. HOW YOU WILL IMPACT MWV
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Support the strategic sourcing process including category deep-dives, category strategy development and sourcing approach identification
- Create required documentation including RFIs, RFPs, bid analysis documents and project briefs.
- Execute strategic sourcing events using the deployed e-sourcing tool.
- Coordinate with suppliers and extended cross-functional teams on sourcing requirements, establishing spend baselines, identifying potential suppliers, etc.
- Support supply market, supplier relationship, supplier portfolio analysis and global spend analytics
- Support the team’s reporting requirements
- Liaise with supply chain teams and business units to continuously improve tools and processes.
- Manage multiple tasks with varying timelines and priorities.
- Ability to turn data into information
- Strong analytical skills
- Self directed
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA Preferred
- 3-6 years of relevant experience in business or industry.
- Excellent communication, project management and relationship building skills
- Strong analytical, business process analysis and problem solving capabilities
United States of America
MeadWestvaco - 18 months ago
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...