Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Source qualified providers of IT goods and services, professional services, contact labor, consulting services, architectural, engineering, construction and facilities maintenance services, and the like. Define a specific sourcing strategy for sourcing one or more categories of goods and services and conduct end-to-end sourcing process in accord with corporate sourcing strategies.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies for current and near-term supply and service requirements. Ensure that the supply base is adequate to current and near-term future needs. Track, document, and enhance, as needed, the competitive process.
- Conduct annual sourcing planning, negotiate large and/or complex contracts, issue RFPs, and develop or approve vendor performance standards. Make sourcing recommendations.
- Lead or provide technical input to cross-functional teams to source complex business requirements collaborate with client staff in the procurement process to ensure successful implementation of sourcing projects.
- Engage management of corporate clients in business units and in suppliers to advance sourcing strategy and execution in planning acquisition of goods and services.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and automate. Improve efficiencies to reduce costs.
- Ensure adherence to the firm's policies, procedures and practices, including compliance with requirements established by Legal.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- Direct corporate and professional, and outsourcing service procurement experience including: facilities, human resources, training, document management, communications/marketing, security services, information technology, consulting, and contingent labor
- Demonstrated success in establishing, managing and leading large project teams which result in successful sourcing project delivery with qualitative and quantitative results. Ability to manage multiple projects and effectively deal with a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Prior experience with and demonstrated success in leading large sourcing projects.
- Ability to develop metrics, methods and procedures which drive results across projects, and provide linkage to corporate objectives. Excellent analytical skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the company through presentations, reports and orally. Experience working on communication plans and change management techniques. Should be an articulate, persuasive leader who is comfortable working at all levels.
- Experience in using eSourcing tools and technologies preferred, including eRFx, reverse auctions, project management tools, contract management tools. Also experience required in procurement ERP modules. Strong knowledge of Procure-to-Pay processes.
- Experience performing detailed analyses of complex data or situations. Performing supplier financial analyses. Experience in reporting, and the use of spreadsheets.
- Experience in driving customer satisfaction through proven, measurable sourcing results while balancing controls and risk mitigation.
- Strong contract negotiation skills and experience working with Legal throughout complex contracting processes.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...