General Summary of Duties :|
Responsible to assist the Executive Sous Chef with the day-to-day running of the department and overall quality of foods produced while maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and sanitation in designated work areas.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands :
Requires mobility. Ability to grasp, lift, move, or push goods on cart/truck weighing a maximum of 100 pounds. Ability to work in confined spaces. Sense of smell, taste, touch, and sound. Eye/hand coordination and manual dexterity. Ability to distinguish letters, symbols, and colors. Normal vision and hearing range.
Typical Working Conditions :
Work is performed in the kitchen locations of the property. Exposure to chemical cleaning solvents. Ability to tolerate varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination, and air quality. Position is subject to varying levels of urgency and stress.
Examples of Duties (includes but is not limited to the following) :
1. Ability to maintain a clean, neat and organized work environment
2. Follow recipes, to increase or decrease recipe as needed.
3. Display good knife skills.
4. Season food properly.
5. Follow all processes that are in place.
6. Communicate will all internal customers efficiently
7. Complete requisitions properly
8. Follow all rules and regulations in employee handbook properly
9. Properly rotate product in walk in cooler
10. Clean and maintain equipment properly
11. Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and hotel requirements HACCP
12. Fill out Sous Chef schedule.
13. Perform other duties as required.
Performance Requirements (knowledge, skills and abilities) :
Knowledge of statutory requirements regarding health and safety, sanitation, proper chemical usage, fire procedures, and HACCP. Knowledge of all kitchen equipment operations. Ability to read, write, and understand English. Ability to perform basic/intermediate math skills. Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with management, staff, and guests. Knowledge, understanding, and compliance of policies and procedures, job descriptions, daily memorandums, chemical labels, and other instructions.
High school education or equivalent. Culinary or apprenticeship program preferred.
Five years relevant experience in a high quality, high volume, and multi-unit operations preferred. Two years supervisory experience preferred.
Food Safety Employee Training required.
Food handling certificate.
Fontainebleau Resorts - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -