Reporting directly to the Vice President, Referee Operations, the Senior Specialist, Scouting will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of NBA D-League and NBA Referee recruiting.
• Monitor new and existing profiles on the NBA Officials website
• Keep active lists of all non-D-League officials being tracked with their schedules, evaluations, etc.
• Watch games of top candidates via TV, internet or live, and evaluate
• Compile tournament schedules, identify candidates that are working, schedule observations and evaluate
• Compile summer camp schedules, and attend camps to recruit and evaluate top prospects
• Make recommendations to management for top candidates to attend camps in our system
• Continue working with decision makers to enhance the officiating process
• In-depth understanding of basketball and officiating
• Excellent evaluator of talent
• Knowledge of collegiate conferences
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
• Ability to travel
• 5 – 10 years of relevant experience required
• Prior experience in officiating recruiting or staffing preferred
Educational Background Required
• Bachelor’s Degree
NBA - 13 months ago
The NBA is a global sports and media business built around three professional sports leagues: the National Basketball Association, the...