Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Senior Staff Accountant will be responsible for ensuring that the monthly General Ledger close and related reporting is accurate, complete, and timely while maintaining compliance with accounting standards, financial controls and procedures. The Senior Staff Accountant will also assist other team members with various operational responsibilities, such as AP, AR, payroll and treasury. Candidate must be flexible and able to proactively take on new responsibilities. Candidate should have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects at once. Candidate must also be able to communicate effectively with individuals outside of the Finance organization.
- Participate in the monthly general ledger close process, which will include the preparation of detailed account analyses, journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Prepare month-end accruals for the Research and G&A cost centers, ensuring that expenses are evidenced by supporting documentation and recognized in the appropriate reporting period.
- Coordinate monthly project time reporting process within the company’s time reporting system. Collaborate with various departments to ensure that time allocations are complete and accurate.
- Manage the fixed asset cycle and ensure that all capital purchases are properly transacted and approved
- Assist, as needed, with the AR, Treasury and Payroll processes.
- Prepare documentation for external auditors as part of quarterly review and annual integrated audit.
- Participate in accounting related projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 1-3 years of accounting experience required
- Strong MS Excel skills required
- CPA and/or Big 4 experience a plus but not required
- Experience with general ledger month-end close process is required
- Prior experience in biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, organizational skills and interpersonal relationship skills required
Aveo Oncology - 11 months ago