Senior Staff Accountant
Caterpillar has exciting opportunities for accountants who want to be challenged, are mobile and are interested in progressing through a number of staff and supervisory assignments. In a Senior Staff Accounting position, you will provide expertise on complex business, financial or managerial issues within a business unit or corporate environment. You will have the opportunity to become one of our future business leaders. You will be in a position to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as high levels of leadership and initiative.
In this position you will serve as a trusted advisor to various segments of the business, necessitating the following qualities / functions:
- Ability to analyze and understand various accounting issues that affect the business;
- Educate your accounting staff and non-accountants on accounting issues;
- Resolve issues independently;
- Lead and/or direct teams within or outside of accounting to address complex problems; and
- Demonstrate accountability for you and your team’s results.
Senior Staff Accounts might also be responsible for the following:
- Financial accounting – provide leadership for monthly legal entity / profit center reporting;
- Accounting user representative for multiple or more complex systems;
- Corporate tax representative for federal, state or international tax areas;
- Corporate product cost representative dealing with non-routine or non-repetitive processes;
- Business analyst for corporate sourcing, New Product Introduction and competitive analysis studies; and
- Business analyst for specific business unit or product teams.
- 4 year Degree in Accounting or equivalent, or
- 4 year Degree in Business with a minimum of 18 hours accounting coursework;
- Demonstrated success and progression in previously held accounting roles;
- Willingness to relocate and be mobile minded; and
- Demonstrated excellence in Leadership, Initiative, Communication, Interpersonal, Judgment and Analytical skills.
Where will you take your career? Where do you want to go? You can continue to learn, grow and contribute within one company, Caterpillar.
- Professional Certification (CPA, CMA or equivalent);
- 7 to 15 years of accounting experience;
- Accounting experience at a large public accounting firm or a Fortune 500 company;
- 3.0 /4.0 Accounting Grade Point Average (or equivalent);
- 3.0 / 4.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average (or equivalent); and
- MBA or Masters Degree in Accounting (or equivalent).
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
May 19, 2013, 11:59:59 PM
United States-Illinois-Peoria-PEORIA01-Peoria Admin Bldg-AB-Us
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...