Imerys, world leader in mining industrial minerals, is hiring a Senior Staff Accountant for our Roswell, GA, location. This individual will support the Financial Controller and Operations management in driving improvement in the performance of the Plant operations. This individual will ensure that there is a satisfactory level of internal control over all business processes for the Plant operations by communicating financial and business procedures to the appropriate individuals and departments and by monitoring compliance with these procedures. Alert the Financial Controller of concerns with internal control or business systems, practices, or processes when they exist.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Skills and Attributes Requirements:
- Financial Close & Reporting.
- Work as a partner with operations management to identify areas for financial improvement and help drive positive financial change.
- Direct the preparation of the annual budget and periodic forecasts of the Plant operations, review budget/forecast proposals, challenge budget/forecast assumptions and prepare necessary supporting documents.
- Monthly Account Analysis and reconciliation.
- Review the results of the annual product standard cost update process to ensure consistency in approach between locations, compliance with company policy and accuracy of resulting standards.
- Learn the fundamentals of the industry and be able to communicate market, customer, raw material, production level issues that might need to be addressed
- Review and make recommendation on CER’s. Participate in the preparation, analysis, review and approval of capital projects. Lead monthly capital project review meetings to determine project status, establish a cash forecast and implement corrective action plans where needed.
- Ensure that all plant financial and business processes are in compliance with Corporate Policies and Procedures (IFRS).
- Implement new controls and procedures as needed
- Review and approval of Purchase Orders.
- Assist with Internal and External Auditors.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people from all levels of the organization.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively.
- Precise, detail-oriented work performance.
- Strong analytical and computer skills.
- Demonstrated poise and ease when interacting with all levels of the organization.
- Position requires a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- At least 3 years experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Required Activities
- Physical requirements are those of a standard office.
- Sitting 70% of time and walking/standing 30% of time.
- Travel required between plant sites and occasionally out of state.
Imerys - 18 months ago
Imerys knows the ins and outs of mining rare resources. The company extracts and processes minerals into various industrial materials used...