Responsible for preparing, analyzing, maintaining and reviewing the Company's records to ensure accurate accounting and reporting, while representing the accounting/finance unit in a leadership role.
Description of Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement procedures that increase the level of accuracy and timeliness of information prepared by the accounting/finance unit.
- Lead the accounting/finance unit in monthly, quarterly and yearly close processes.
- Research month-end margin and expense variances to budget and prior periods.
- Facilitate the creation of new and current policy documentation.
- Assess and oversee the Company's adherence to documented policies and procedures.
- Review accounting records, financial statements or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Direct process changes to optimize business performance and achieve desired results.
- Coordinate quarterly reviews and annual audits with external audit firm.
- Interact with others to improve departmental and cross-departmental communications and overall efficiencies.
- Oversee accounting research for accounting considerations and business transactions.
- Supervise monthly account analysis, reconciliations and related management of general ledger accounts.
- Review audit schedules to support audit or related outside services engagements.
- Coordinate special projects as directed by supervisor.
- Provide additional analysis and financial support to regional and corporate leadership as needed for standard and ad hoc reporting requirements.
- Foster enthusiasm and pride within the team, contributing to a positive work environment.
- Demonstrate and promote PLS's employee attributes and culture.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP and accounting theories with the ability to apply them to the Company's accounting needs
- SEC reporting experience and knowledge of SEC rules, reporting and disclosure requirements
- Experience with SAP and SAP BPC solutions a plus
- 3-5 years professional experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of internal controls principles and practices
- Ability to review transactions with a high degree of accuracy and completeness
- Knowledge of business processes, financial management and business office operations
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, other external contacts and management up to the executive level
- Comfort working in and facilitating teams toward a common goal
- Ability to meet deadlines, work well under pressure and produce accurate results
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- This position requires working in an office setting, long periods of time sitting.
- Must be able to stand, bend, push and pull at least up to 10 lbs.
Pilot Logistics Services - 30+ days ago