Responsible for preparing, analyzing, maintaining and reviewing the Company's records to ensure accurate accounting and reporting, while representing the accounting/finance unit in a leadership role.
Description of Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement procedures that increase the level of accuracy and timeliness of information prepared by the accounting/finance unit.
- Lead the accounting/finance unit in monthly, quarterly and yearly close processes.
- Research month-end margin and expense variances to budget and prior periods.
- Facilitate the creation of new and current policy documentation.
- Assess and oversee the Company's adherence to documented policies and procedures.
- Review accounting records, financial statements or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Direct process changes to optimize business performance and achieve desired results.
- Coordinate quarterly reviews and annual audits with external audit firm.
- Interact with others to improve departmental and cross-departmental communications and overall efficiencies.
- Oversee accounting research for accounting considerations and business transactions.
- Supervise monthly account analysis, reconciliations and related management of general ledger accounts.
- Review audit schedules to support audit or related outside services engagements.
- Coordinate special projects as directed by supervisor.
- Provide additional analysis and financial support to regional and corporate leadership as needed for standard and ad hoc reporting requirements.
- Foster enthusiasm and pride within the team, contributing to a positive work environment.
- Demonstrate and promote PLS's employee attributes and culture.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP and accounting theories with the ability to apply them to the Company's accounting needs
- SEC reporting experience and knowledge of SEC rules, reporting and disclosure requirements
- Experience with SAP and SAP BPC solutions a plus
- 3-5 years professional experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of internal controls principles and practices
- Ability to review transactions with a high degree of accuracy and completeness
- Knowledge of business processes, financial management and business office operations
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, other external contacts and management up to the executive level
- Comfort working in and facilitating teams toward a common goal
- Ability to meet deadlines, work well under pressure and produce accurate results
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- This position requires working in an office setting, long periods of time sitting.
- Must be able to stand, bend, push and pull at least up to 10 lbs.
Pilot Thomas Logistics is one of the largest providers of drilling and exploration support services in the nation. Available 24x7, we serve...