Planet Payment, Inc, a leading international payment and data processor, provides internationally focused banks and their merchants with innovative solutions that enable them to accept, process and reconcile payments, anytime, anywhere and in any currency.
Headquartered in New York, our global commercial centers include Atlanta, Beijing, Bermuda, Delaware, Dubai, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Ireland, London, Shanghai, Singapore and Toronto.
We have an outstanding opportunity and an immediate need for a Senior Staff Accountant in our Long Beach, NY office.
Manage accounting functions and preparation of reports and statistics detailing financial results and ongoing projects as well as ad hoc requests. Establish and maintain accounting practices to ensure accurate and reliable data necessary for business operations as required for the Company’s financial focus/initiatives.
Primary responsibilities and duties include, however are not limited to, the following:
- Compiles financial information to prepare journal entries accurately, completely and timely.
- Supervise processing of semi-monthly payroll including recording corresponding journal entries and monthly reconciliation of all payroll liability accounts.
- Interprets the meaning of financial information and makes accounting adjustments accordingly.
- Reviews journal entries
- Prepares/reviews revenue and expense analyses and other financial statement account reconciliations.
- Prepares/reviews foreign currency entries
- Proposes ways to enhance and increase the efficiency of the corporate month-end close process.
- Prepares/reviews footnote disclosure supporting schedules provided to financial reporting team.
- Assists in preparing supporting schedules for external auditors and responding to audit inquiries.
- Assists with/leads special projects as they arise.
- Assist in US GAAP and financial accounting and reporting
- 4-6 years combined public accounting firm and public company experience
- CPA (Highly Preferred)
- Proficient computer skills; experience with Oracle a plus
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills
- Ability to resolve issues and propose solutions to issues that arise on a day-to-day basis
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks, while meeting all internal and public company deadlines
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to self-motivate and self-prioritize with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with accounting and finance management in a team environment
- Credit Card Industry, Processing/Acquiring Bank or ISO accounting experience a plus
- Fast-paced, and holds a high level of responsibility to ensure timelines are met accordingly.
This opportunity offers excellent compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and a very bright future with a growing, international organization. If you feel you possess the skills and experience that will allow you to excel in this key role, then, we would love to hear from you.
Please send your resume today WITH salary requirements for immediate attention. Planet Payment is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity.