Under limited supervision, reviews construction invoices and records assets to the sub ledger. Creates journal entries, and reconciles capitalized asset general ledger accounts and resolves any discrepancies. As needed, creates wire requests and performs other duties as assigned.
- Record assets in the sub ledger. This includes construction-in-process, fixed assets, capitalized software, furniture and fixtures.
- Perform initial review of all construction pay applications and compare to contracted terms and conditions. Review and analysis include contractor’s budget to actual, verifying support for monthly pay applications, performing job cost review, reviewing change orders, and tracking contingency budget.
- Performs month-end financial accounting functions as assigned within Expense Management. This includes generating entries from the sub ledger to the General Ledger, reconciling accounts and analyzing data.
- Prepare reports as required.
- Coordinates and completes special projects, appropriately balancing priorities and deliverables.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent related work experience.
- 2-5 years financial accounting experience w/ GAAP or Statutory accounting experience.
- Intermediate Word, advanced Excel and intermediate SQL/Query and database management skills; MS Access; pivot tables.
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting/finance and general ledger applications.
- Ability to be flexible when needed, take initiative, and demonstrate accountability.
- Intermediate oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions.
- Ability to set goals, multitask and prioritize workload.
- Intermediate level of investigative, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects.
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives.
- Intermediate interpersonal skills.
- Ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions.
- Ability to foster customer service as needed.
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines and work well with all levels of management.
- General business knowledge
- Progress towards FLMI and/or CPA
- PeopleSoft experience
- Insurance accounting experience
- Construction experience