Ryerson Inc., one of the largest metals distributors in the US, is currently seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to join our Corporate Accounting Department in Chicago, IL. Successful candidate will report to the Accounting Manager.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
• Preparation of SEC filings and disclosures, including 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K, etc
• Review of the XBRL tagging process for quarterly and year end SEC filings
• Preparation of consolidated financial statements
• Assist in the implementation of new accounting standards
• Research of technical accounting areas and other significant accounting transactions
• Work with external auditors during the annual audit process and quarterly reviews
• Assist in the monthly close process, including journal entries and account reconciliations
• Work on other special projects, as assigned
• Bachelors degree in accounting
• CPA required
• 3-5 years of public accounting experience
• Strong writing and communication skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Ryerson - 4 months ago
Ryerson is an international, diversified company that processes and distributes metals. The company serves industries including aerospace,...