A. Independently manage the marketing submission (RFP) process.
- Benchmark plan design and employee contributions.
- Secure all necessary information to effectively market a prospective client or renew existing client.
- Prepare all new and renewal submissions for marketing.
- Request data from insurance carriers (claim reports, Geo Analysis, Network effectiveness).
- Review proposals and complete benefit and rate comparisons using department format.
- Discuss strategy, benefit alternatives and markets with Team Leader.
- Notify client of upcoming renewal, at direction of Team Leader.
- Discuss potential benefit changes with clients and prospects. Utilize benchmarking information to support recommended benefit changes.
- Maintain accessible, detailed marketing files on clients’ and prospects’ work-in-progress, and required follow-up.
B. Negotiate optimum quotes for broadest coverage and rates for all new and renewal business. Follow-up with markets to receive quotes in a timely manner. Negotiate rate extensions and/or plan design changes as needed.
C. Analyze marketing results.
- Create detailed benefit analysis comparison (via computerized spreadsheet) of renewal, cost and options for proposals to the employer in order to choose the best plan alternative for presentation.
- Confer with Team Leader regarding marketing results. Discuss differences in premium rates, coverage and other terms and conditions of quotations.
- Prepare appropriate visual aids (charts, graphs, etc.) to aid Team in presentation to clients in making an evaluation.
- Discuss final benefit changes and costs with clients and prospects.
- Monitor and track final benefits and rates sold/renewed.
- Assure all renewal rates, benefit changes, etc. are filed using team filing system (electronic and hard client files).
D. Assure that all pre-sale and post-sale benefits/benefits changes and premium/premium changes are communicated promptly and accurately to clients and selected markets. Confirm all of these changes in writing.
E. Gather all insurance carrier experience reports and prepare quarterly experience reviews as directed by Team Leader/Senior Benefit Analyst.
F. Develop and maintain effective working relationships in liaison role with insurance company service partner contacts (such as underwriters, sales and service representatives) and client contacts.
G. Keep abreast of markets, products and carrier competitiveness.
H. Utilize tracking and database systems as directed.
I. Update UBA Benchmarking survey with sold rates, employee contributions and plan designs.
J. Proof premium statement after the renewal for accuracy with the sold financial analysis.
OneWire Inc. - 18 months ago