Motorola Mobility, owned by Google, fuses innovative technology with human insights to create experiences that simplify, connect and enrich people's lives. Our portfolio includes converged mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets; wireless accessories; end-to-end video and data delivery; and management solutions, including set-tops and data-access devices. For more information visit www.motorola.com/mobility .
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
5 years of experience in firmware development
The Senior Staff Firmware Engineer will take product specifications and write or modify DSP code to implement these specifications on Motorola's next generation video encoder and transport products. Prevailing candidate will interface with system engineering to gather customer requirements and implement on product.
Scope of Responsibility/Expectation:
Develop DSP firmware for real time video, audio and data processing for AVC and MPEG-2 systems including encoders, transcoders, and multiplexors.
- Write design documentation
- Support Design Verification Testing and System Integration Test during new product test cycles.
- Knowledge of digital TV compression and transport standards such as MPEG-2, H.264(AVC), HEVC.
- Knowledge IP networking and streaming protocols.
- Experience in real time audio/video signal processing systems
- Fluent in C/C programming,. experience in real time operating system (e.g. vxWorks, Linux) is preferred, Experience in Unix/Linux development environment (RPM, cross version compatibility, drivers) Perl scripting & VxWorks
- Good communication and team work skills
Motorola Mobility - 17 months ago