For this technical sales-oriented Field Applications Engineering role, your responsibilities will include identifying and driving strategic customer design win opportunities that GLOBALFOUNDRIES can service, and managing customer technical relationship. This position is based in Milpitas, CA.
- Identify strategic customer opportunities that GLOBALFOUNDRIES can service, and work with rest of Account Team to take it all the way through to a successful Design Win.
- Take ownership over GLOBALFOUNDRIES technology marketing, drive design win acquisition strategy and process.
- Serve as key technical interface to customer and coordinate technical interaction.
- Develop customized technical presentations and proposals to assist customers in the evaluation of our solutions. Formulate customer requirements, promote a compelling GLOBALFOUNDRIES design solution and convey our value proposition.
- Identify and propose solutions to gaps and bottlenecks in the GLOBALFOUNDRIES product and service portfolio to meet customer requirements.
- Collaborate and leverage GLOBALFOUNDRIES Product Marketing/ Design Solutions/ Technology Development teams, and provide real time customer feedback.
- Understand competitive design/ technology/ product landscape including emerging technology trends and competitive threats.
- Continuously learn about the customer and product, developing relationships, gathering intelligence, uncovering new opportunities.
- Ensure that issues/obstacles/questions to a design win are resolved either directly or by engaging internal experts.
- Gather, summarize and drive team to close the technical gaps in our offerings that result in design win losses and/or misses in new revenue opportunities.
- Meet design win, tape out, and MPW goals.
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in EE with minimum 10 years in Semiconductors (Technology or Design).
- Excellent communication skills and a strong sales aptitude.
- Customer facing and Technical Sales experience a must.
- Exposure to product design and IP required.
- Exposure and basic competence in design environment/enablement flows and tools.
- Past participation in roles with exposure to or within a foundry highly desirable.
- Program management skills and experience highly desirable.
- Experience with advanced technology (< 32nm) and SOC highly desirable.
- Exposure to value-add solutions including RF/analog/NVM desirable.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).