Jacobs Associates' Seattle office has an opening for a Senior Staff Engineer with 3 to 7 years of experience in the design of building structures. The position will involve working with an established leader in the design of heavy civil and underground structures with a focus on transit and transit oriented development projects in the Pacific Northwest.
- BS/MS in Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis with a minimum of 3 years of related experience in building design.
- Ability to develop structural calculation packages, drawings, and specifications.
- Experience with preparing project documents, such as technical reports and memoranda that present the basis of design.
- Experience with structural modeling and familiarity with analysis software such as SAP2000 and RISA 3D.
- Proficiency with structural detailing. CAD and Revit modeling a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional Engineering License.
- Ability and willingness to travel for short-term assignments.