Senior Staff GIS Analyst
Southwestern Energy Company is a growing independent energy company primarily engaged in natural gas and crude oil exploration, development and production within North America. Our primary business is the exploration for and production of natural gas within North America. We are also actively engaged in exploration and production activities in Oklahoma, Texas, Pennsylvania, and New Brunswick, Canada. Please visit our website to learn about SWN .
WORKING AT SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY
When you become part of the Southwestern Energy Company team, you will engage your career with hands-on experiences in challenging exploration and development projects. As a new employee, you are given the opportunity to contribute from day one by working side-by-side with experienced employees to cultivate innovative strategies and solutions. We are at the forefront of several significant projects, most importantly the Fayetteville Shale play in Arkansas. In fact, Southwestern Energy was the first to discover the economic viability of the Fayetteville Shale and successfully produce its gas. We are currently the largest producer in the Fayetteville Shale. In a few short years, we have surpassed 1 Bcfd and have invested more than $6 billion in this expanding operation in Arkansas. Our work is also well known in the Arkoma Basin in Western Arkansas, East Texas, and we have recently begun exploratory efforts in Pennsylvania’s exciting new Marcellus Shale and in New Brunswick, Canada.
Senior Staff GIS Analyst
The Senior Staff GIS Analyst is a high-level technical position, and requires a minimum of twelve years experience with GIS technology. The Senior Staff GIS Analyst also designs, creates, and modifies, or manages GIS software design of new applications. In addition, The Senior Staff GIS Analyst will also be called upon to provide internet and web based support, develop spatial and non-spatial databases, provide technical support to other GIS Professionals, and provide documentation support. The Senior Staff GIS Analyst may also be tasked with the development and implementation of specific GIS tools to assist end users with daily mapping and analysis.
- Candidates should have at least twelve years of GIS experience with the last five as a Staff GIS Analyst or similar role
- Requires highly advanced technical knowledge of GIS, and is viewed as an expert. Knowledge of other disciplines is a result of working with other employees on high exposure special projects or large projects where objectives are not predetermined.
- Incumbent may serve as a leader/consultant in defining and developing solutions to complex business challenges.
- Requires general to comprehensive knowledge of the organization, functions, roles, and responsibility. Incumbent may be a technical leader within the group who consistently produces quality work that integrates traditional, modified, and new approaches and technologies.
- Requires ability to influence others, internal and external to achieve objectives or cause action.
- Requires the development of solutions to highly complex problems, which affect the business groups department. Incumbent is typically charged with gathering innovative/non-traditional ideas and applying them to solutions of strategic business importance.
- Decision reflects multi-functional perspectives and balance. Decisions contribute to precedent-setting solutions/innovations. Very difficult, highly complex and most unusual matters are referred to more senior authority, together with incumbents recommendations.
- Projects require incumbents to possess expertise in one or more technical/business specialty(ies) for successful completion. Normally responsible for an entire large project, including coordinating resources among departments, producing results and meeting goals. Generally provides leadership to less experienced personnel on projects.
- Understanding of exploration and production business.
- Expert level knowledge of and experience with ESRI Desktop products and other GIS/CAD & graphics drawing applications.
- Recognized expert in cartography, geography, and spatial concepts.
SouthWestern Energy Company - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -