Extract data from various sources.
Design and program SAS/SQL code to prepare data for analysis and modeling.
Document existing and new SAS and SQL code processes.
Utilize database knowledge, programming skills and data manipulation / query tools to produce actionable reports (e.g. list counts, ad hoc queries, campaign summary reports, etc.) to meet client needs.
Conducts data and analytically-intensive tasks necessary to generate analytic insights and recommendations to enable continuous, measurable improvement of client’s marketing campaigns.
Develops and uses time series analysis models and transfer function models to analyze data sets.
Follow instruction, work independently, and manage both short and long-term projects through to completion.
Summarize and communicate analytic findings, insights and recommendations via summary documents and presentations to support management decision-making.
Interacts with: Statisticians, Managers, and Directors of modeling or other teams.
- Master degree in Statistics, Economics, Industrial Engineering or other quantitative field.
- Must have completed at least one course that includes time series analysis.
- Doctorate degree preferred.
- 1-5 years of work experience in data analysis.
- Strong background in data creation, manipulation and analysis (including experience with transactional data).
- Familiar with generalized linear model procedures.
- Knowledge of different multivariate statistical techniques (Discriminant analysis, Logistic regression, CHAID, Cluster analysis, Factor analysis, time series analysis, etc.).
- Significant demonstrated experience with data set creation and data manipulation (sorting, merging, variable creation).
- Experiential knowledge of Direct Marketing techniques for: testing and evaluation of campaign elements, tracking and measurement of campaign metrics, and analysis and reporting of campaign metrics.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, Project and Access.
- SAS (2+ years required specifically strong SAS programming skills – wide range of experience with Data Steps, Procs Stats, Macros).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to work additional hours as needed.
Wanted: Inventors, Storytellers and Change Agents.
Do you act on your ideas? Are you fascinated by the changes going on in the world? Are you a culture junkie? Do the words, “we’ve always done it that way” drive you insane?
Do you like to connect the dots? Dig into data? Scour the latest trends? Do you believe marketing has changed? Do you surf, tweet, friend, watch, read and explore?
Do you click on banners and text links just to see the landing page UI? Is your browser filled with traffic-monitoring tool bars? Are you branding your personal expertise online? Are you plugged in to Brian Solis, TopRank, Six Pixels of Separation, or Spin Sucks?
Do you search for products “aroundme” on your phone? Do you “bump” into your connections all over town? Do you keep track of “evernote” that you can? Is your “dropbox” full of work to do at home?
Do you believe that brands need to engage in relevant conversations with their customers that create real value? Conversations that inform, engage and inspire?
Javelin is looking for ambitious change agents who believe the idea comes first, that storytelling is a powerful force that drives branding, video, mobile, websites, social media, direct marketing, email, data and econometrics.
The pace is fast and the rewards are high. Passion required. Traditionalists and the timid need not apply.
Javelin operates within a collaborative framework encompassing multiple investigators and practitioners with a wide variety of expertise....