Our client is a leading software and solutions company that provides predictive modeling for the healthcare industry. They are seeking to hire a Senior Statistical Scientist . Joining a team that maintains a reputation as one of the top analytics groups in health care informatics, you will play an important role in supporting the development of the next generation of their products and services.
• Innovate with guidance from senior members in the development of new capabilities and business opportunities using a multi-pronged approach to fraud and abuse detection including provider, patient, claim and other perspectives.
• Aid in the research of internal and external data sources and work with data services to acquire and store needed data. Execute exploratory analysis of data set including data cleansing, variable creation, variable transformation, etc
• Execute all aspects of model development; including variable selection, non-linearity detection, interaction detection, model creation, diagnostic tests, validation and lift analysis at the task and project level. Design end-to-end experimentation, evaluation, and analysis of various algorithms and models in production as well as under development based on key performance indicators. Exploit multiple predictive modeling techniques and leverage emerging innovations in text mining, network analysis, etc.
• Provide continuous stream of actionable analytical information and recommendations on future improvements and identify and use multiple data sources to improve models. Provide pilot testing support and analyze test results if needed. As needed, assist with creation and monitoring of model performance metrics.
• Execute needed business diagnostics to enable productization and deployment.
• Help create content for development partner updates and develop customized models for development partners while maintaining a strong working partnership with domain experts and development partners, as needed.
• Communicate with diverse audiences including technical stakeholders, clients, and possibly at trade industry events.
• Support and train junior team-members.
• Master Degree or higher in economics, statistics or health services research
• 15 years’ experience in health services research using large administrative data sets, preferably medical and pharmaceutical claims and enrollment records
• 4+ years of experience with statistical analysis, data modeling and data visualization software such as SAS, IBM SPSS, Statistica, or R is required. Experience with data mining platforms such as SAS EnterpriseMiner, IBM SPSS Modeler, Statistica DataMiner, or equivalent is preferred
• Professional experience applying predictive modeling techniques in the healthcare vertical required. Should be able to build and understand the output and calibration of econometric models.
• Demonstrated experience with data reduction techniques and statistical and predictive modeling methods
(e.g., GLM/Regression, Trees, Neural networks, etc.) is required
• Demonstrated ability to manage tasks/projects to required deadlines.
We are ideally looking for local, Boston-area candidates.
1st Solution USA - 10 months ago