Natera is seeking a highly motivated statistician to join our rapidly growing company. As a senior member of the statistics group you will contribute to our intellectual property portfolio, perform data analysis and participate in the design and prototyping of cutting edge statistical algorithms. You will interact closely with our molecular biology team, helping guide experiments and work with next generation sequencing platforms.
- Contribute to our intellectual property portfolio
- Drive rigorous data analysis effort
- Help develop and guide molecular biology experiments
- Participate in research efforts into building probabilistic models for next generation sequence platforms
- Leverage accurate probability models to build the next round of algorithms and products
- MS or PhD in statistics, engineering, mathematics or physics
- Proven ability to originate new ideas and implementing them
- Experience with data analysis software e.g. Matlab
- Experience with at least high level programming language e.g. Java
- Professional experience is a plus
The company operates a CLIA certified laboratory in California and has world-wide distribution for its products. Currently offered tests include highly accurate prenatal screening for Down Syndrome from simple blood draw and aneuploidy testing of single cells to improve pregnancy rates of in vitro fertilization. After four years on the market, Natera is the leading provider of genetic testing to IVF centers in the US, and is scaling rapidly to meet the needs of other markets across the US and the world.
The Natera team consists of statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists and software engineers from world-class institutions. Our technology has been funded by six grants from the National Institute of Health and a group of private investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners and Sequoia Capital.
Natera - 11 months ago
Natera is driven by a passion for elevating the science and utility of prenatal testing. The advent of the Information Age has created a...