Senior Storage Administrator
Information Technology 6100 US
Extreme Networks is seeking people that celebrate and drive innovation. Long recognized by industry experts as a technically visionary company, Extreme Networks is preparing to make the next leap forward in networking technology – and you can help create the solutions that address the needs of businesses and governments worldwide.
Our employees are the key to the innovation that has made Extreme Networks a success. We provide an environment that is geared to reward creativity, innovation and teamwork. If you would like to unleash your creativity and your career - it’s time to join the Extreme Networks team and become an Extremist!
Extreme Networks in RTP, NC is seeking an experienced Senior Storage Administrator. Looking for an individual with engineering experience who can help build, run and support our EMC environment. Must have EMC Symmetrix, Clarion and VNX exposure with a focus on VNX class devices. Must be familiar with storage that enables VMWare running both Redhat Linux and Windows images. This position serves a senior member of our IT Infrastructure team. The position also has shared oversight of infrastructure architecture, and will assist in developing standards and setting direction for storage infrastructure technology.
• Responsible for storage array deployment, configuration and provisioning
• Responds to major incidents in support of IT business processes
• Collaborates with peers on the server (Linux & Windows), network and security teams to fulfil complex infrastructure deployments throughout the enterprise
• Responds to customer/business partner inquiries and develops solutions to meet their needs
• Creates installation and trouble-shooting documentation for use by data center support personnel
• Ability to multi-task; work with business partners as well as Business Technology teams
• Participate in the development, implementation, and testing of disaster recovery methods and procedures
• Support application development teams throughout project life cycles
• Follow change control and testing processes for modifications to enterprise storage devices & systems
• Develop, document, and maintain operational processes for the storage and backup environments
• Strong communication and technical skills; must demonstrate proficient English language skills
• Ability to provide support for our technology environments 24x7
• Ability to clearly communicate issues and remediation plans to business technology leadership team
• Periodically audit the storage and backup environments throughout the enterprise to address configuration, reliability or operational gaps.
• EMC VNX series storage systems on iSCSI network fabric
• EMC remote site disaster recovery
• DataDomain future strategy
• Commvault/LTO backup and recovery
• VMWare with Windows and Linux server OS
• Microsoft Exchange and Lync
• Oracle ERP
• Extreme Network Technologies
• Degree in IT related field or equivalent work experiences
• Working knowledge of Red Hat Linux and Windows systems in a high-availability, multisite environment
• 5+ years experience installing, configuring and supporting EMC enterprise storage
• Strong working knowledge of iSCSI highly desirable
• 5+ years hand-on experience performing LUN assignment and masking as well as zoning
• 5+ years experience working with server based logical volume managers (VxVM, LVM, etc.)
• 5+ years experience configuring & supporting enterprise backup and system recovery applications (eg: NetBackup, CommVault)
• Working knowledge of network Switches, Routers, Firewalls, and network protocols
• Extensive experience writing Shell Scripts/programs using Bourne, Korn, Bash, Perl and AWK
• Strong competency configuring and trouble-shooting TCP/IP on Servers and storage devices
• Intermediate level experience analyzing and reporting on storage array capacities
• Extensive experience trouble-shooting storage & server performance issues
• Excellent customer service skills - ability to effectively interact with internal and external clients
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Senior Storage Administrator - 5401
Extreme Networks does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. Extreme Networks is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to the Company.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (Extreme) together with its subsidiaries, is a provider of network infrastructure equipment for corporate,...