Senior Software Engineer - (Disk Storage System)
Assurance Storage Software located in Louisville, CO is a leading provider of Intel based data center storage controllers and NAND Flash SSD / PCIe software. With a well-established IP portfolio of proprietary software, Assurance is poised for high growth.
Assurance recently established two new contracts to supply software for pan-world OEM companies. As a result, Assurance is expanding its software engineering team. You will be working with Intel’s new Sandy Bridge / Patsburg (Romley) platform with support from Intel. The primary functions will be to develop understand our existing code base and provide support for the new Intel RAID acceleration chipset for RAID services, disk fault recovery, and various front end protocols such as fiber channel (FC), iSCSI, and NAS (NFS and CIFS/SMB). We are looking for an individual who is willing to learn the existing code base, add new features, develop on new Intel platform and, as part of the team, set the direction for future storage products. The candidate should possess qualities of being self-motivated, goal oriented, and patient. Ideally the individual has a broad knowledge of storage systems yet is able to sustain focus on one or two key deliverables at a time.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Become proficient at building, operating, understanding, and testing existing C code base.
- Work with team members to identify code bugs or missing features, devise a coding approach, and complete the cycle by writing and testing the code.
- When reliable competency has been reached with the existing product, provide support or guidance to customers experiencing issues. Generally these can be resolved through technical interaction with our sales people, but occasional travel (couple times per year) may be required.
- Become domain expert in one or more storage application areas such as VMware/Hyper-V, file systems, NAS (NFS, CIFS/SMB), HPC (high performance computing) or solid state storage.
- Evaluate vendor updates (such as new OS or driver versions), test new technologies (such as latest hard drives or solid state storage), and advise on other storage innovations such as encryption or compression.
- Use tools such as scripting, performance tests, data integrity tests, and analyzers to aid the coding effort. Clear communication of the state of a new feature or bug is greatly enabled by the metrics tools provide.
- BS (or experience equivalent) or higher degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering/Science, or related field.
- At least 5 years direct experience with disk storage, SCSI, RAID, or related technology.
- Linux OS (2.6) experience such as RHEL or CentOS (user space or kernel space)
- C programming experience in commercial products.
- Domain knowledge in one or more of these areas is ideal (but not required): VMware/Hyper-V, NAS, file systems, data center practices, high performance computing (HPC), storage system testing
- Working knowledge of storage interfaces such as FC, SAS/SATA, 10 GbE iSCSI, or InfiniBand