The Storage Engineer serves as the primary technical storage expert. This includes design methodology, best practice creation and adherence, daily provisioning tasks, project implementations for growth and new storage systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Solid understanding of storage design methodologies
- Designs, installs, and administers all storage systems
- Solid understanding of data life cycle management including backup, archive and purge
- Responsible for defining, tracking, and maintaining data resources in the production IT environment
- Ensures the availability, reliability, scalability, and manageability of the data storage environment
- Works with key technical and business stakeholders to determine data and storage requirements and creates solutions to meet requirements
- Maintains storage area network (SAN) environments and network attached storage (NAS) environments
- Investigates storage issues and provides resolution on complex issues following standard incident, change request and problem management processes
- Documents storage infrastructure inventory
- Gathers requirements, designs, and implements solutions to meet customer’s needs
- Demonstrates knowledge of Fiber Channel, FCIP, and iSCSI concepts and technologies
- Validates technical solution architecture and provides implementation time estimates and cost estimates versus performance trade-offs
- Analyzes both hardware and software products for evaluation and proof of concept
- Writes technical documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Develops standard operating processes for storage support
- Responsible for maintaining documentation for compatible hosts to enterprise storage systems, and provides support recommendations during the selection process
- Works with System Administrators to provision capacity to hosts
A. KNOWLEDGE/SKILL/ABILITY :
B. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- In depth knowledge of EMC storage platforms including CLARiiON/VNX, Celerra, VMAX, Data Domain, Isilon, Unisphere, and data replication technologies
- In depth knowledge of Cisco and Brocade fibre channel switches
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Must be able to work in a high pressure 24/7/365 environment with strict deadlines
- 8+ years of IT experience
- 5+ years of EMC storage management experience
- 5+ years experience managing Cisco MDS and/or Brocade switches
- Familiarity with both SQL Server and Oracle throughput requirements
- Certifications: EMC Proven Professional or equivalent
Job Requirements :
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time, performing work on a computer.
- Must be able to travel up to 20%.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is dependent upon experience. Epiq associates enjoy an attractive balance between the entrepreneurial spirit of a mid-size company and a benefit package typically found only in a large company. This includes:
401(k) with Employer Match.
Premium Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Disability, Life Insurance and Long-Term Care benefits.
Flexible Spending and Dependent Care (Section 125) accounts.
Paid Holidays, Sick Days, Personal Business Days and Vacation.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Epiq Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: EPIQ) provides an advanced offering of integrated technology-based products and services for litigation, fiduciary management and claims administration applications. Our clients include corporations, attorneys, trustees and administrative professionals who require sophisticated case administration and document management capabilities, extensive subject matter expertise and a high service capacity when working on complex legal proceedings.
Epiq Systems employs 600 professionals worldwide in 11 locations. Since going public in 1997, we have focused successfully on a long-term strategy of profitable growth and strategic acquisitions. We have an exceptionally strong balance sheet. Forbes Magazine has placed us on its 200 Best Small Companies list and its Midas List of top 25 Technology Companies . We are also on Business 2.0 magazine's list of the 100 Fastest Growing Tech Companies , and on Fortune magazine's Small Business list of top 100 Fastest Growing Small Public Companies . Our eDiscovery Solutions practice is ranked in the Top 5 Electronic Discovery Service Providers for Corporations by the Socha-Gelbmann survey.
Epiq Systems, Inc. and its affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, marital or veteran status or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq Systems is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. To request information in an alternative format or to obtain any details related to our Federal Family Leave Act (FMLA), background and/or our pre-employment/post-offer drug testing program or policies, please contact 503.350.7808