Engineers - Aviation
Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and the world's 11th largest design firm with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
At Atkins, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
Atkins Aerospace is a progressive and rapidly expanding part of one of the world’s leading engineering and design consultancies, with aerospace offices in the US, UK, Germany, The Netherlands and India. We provide high-end technical and project management services to aircraft OEMs, engine manufacturers and customers in the aerospace sector. As such we are involved in some of the most challenging and exciting aerospace projects in the world.
We are now seeking motivated individuals to join our team and develop our US aerospace office in Seattle, WA. The office is located in the desirable Kirkland area, with easy access and short commute times to Seattle and Bellevue.
The successful candidate will have a desire to be challenged and to contribute towards the success and growth of the business. In this role you will be given the opportunity to provide high quality technical input to our aero-structures projects. In return, we can offer career development, an empowered and supportive working environment and a competitive reward package, including flexible working arrangements.
We are seeking individuals with varying years of metallic aircraft stress analysis experience in:
OEM experience is preferred. In addition, experience in the following would be an advantage:
- Static Stress
- Damage Tolerance
As well as a working knowledge of MS Office tools, our ideal candidate will be familiar with:
- Composite stress analysis (any industry)
- Linear finite element analysis (FEA)
- non-linear FEA (explicit)
- Structural dynamics
- Thermal analysis
- Aero-structures interaction
- Visual Basic
- NASTRAN / PATRAN
o to influence design decisions
- Perform structural analyses using established tools:
o to demonstrate structural integrity against product requirements
o to analyze structural damage and justify repairs
- Look to increase efficiency and to challenge process
- Report analyses to the client’s standards
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and clients (internal and external)
- Ensure projects are delivered to client’s standards to cost and budget
- The ability to apply existing engineering knowledge to new situations
- Proven ability in problem-solving and decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments, building rapport with colleagues and customers
- Proven ability to lead the technical activities of other engineers
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
- BS degree in Mechanical, Civil, or Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering. ABET accreditation preferred
- 6-10 years relevant experience in the areas of: aircraft wing structures, fuselage, composites, landing gear, and structural certification