Currently our Seattle office has an exciting opportunity for a Senior-Level Structural Engineer to join our Structural Design Group. The successful candidate will work on various projects for municipal, industrial, and federal clients. The candidate will work with structural, mechanical, process and electrical engineers and designers on designs for facilities primarily serving the water and wastewater industries. Project work includes: leading the structural design effort on small to large projects in Washington and British Columbia; directing structural CAD staff in the preparation of construction drawings; preparation of project specifications; coordination with other engineering disciplines; and construction support services. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a collaborative, multi-discipline environment to develop innovative, cost effective designs for new facilities, expansions, upgrades and retrofits.
- Provide structural engineering design for tanks, basins and building facilities at water and wastewater treatment plants.
- Provide structural engineering design for industrial facilities.
- Design concrete, steel, masonry and wood structures per IBC and National Building Code of Canada (NBCC).
- Design concrete structures utilizing ACI 318 and ACI 350 for Environmental Structures.
- Perform seismic design and evaluations using IBC, ASCE, and NBCC documents.
- Design crane supports (monorails and runway beams).
- Develop structural scope and engineering estimates for projects.
- Prepare detailed design sketches and coordinate with CAD drafting staff to prepare design drawings.
- Prepare construction specifications.
- Coordinate structural project work with architects and process, mechanical, and electrical engineering staff.
- Provide construction support: submittal review, RFI responses, and construction observations.
- Utilize RISA 3D, Enercalc and other software for structural design.
- Contribute to standard detail and specification updates.
- Comprehensive knowledge of concrete, steel, masonry and wood structural design per IBC and referenced codes; prefer experience working with Canadian building codes.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in structural engineering design required.
- Structural design experience with wastewater treatment plant or industrial facilities.
- Extensive seismic design experience.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering (structural course work emphasis); M.S. preferred.
- Washington SE license or British Columbia Struct.Eng. license required; if WA SE, then willingness to obtain the British Columbia Struct.Eng. license is required.
- Effective oral and written communication essential.
Brown and Caldwell - 15 months ago
Brown and Caldwell is headed straight to the gutter -- to clean it up. The employee-owned firm provides environmental consulting and...