Jacobs Associates' Pasadena office is looking for a Senior Structural Engineer with 10+ years of experience in structural engineering, with experience in the design of tunnels, trenchless pipeline installations, underground structures, excavation support systems, ground improvement, or tunnel rehabilitation methods.
Other qualities that are strongly desired but not required include:
- BS degree in Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis.
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in California or the ability to obtain a California license within six months of employment is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Project management experience and demonstrated experience in leading staff.
- The ability to work on multiple projects with a variety of staff.
- Experience with creating and maintaining detailed technical reports.
- Ability to complete a variety of assignments, such as the development of drawings, specifications, and technical memoranda that present the basis of design.
- MS degree in Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis.
- Field experience
- Familiarity with numerical modeling software (Plaxis or FLAC).
- Experience using commercial scheduling software such as Primavera P3 and P6 and MS Project.
Jacobs Associates - 15 months ago