McKean Defense Group, LLC is a privately held Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
McKean is seeking an experienced Subcontracts Administrator with a minimum of 7 years of progressive experience performing procurement and subcontract administration in a CPSR approved environment.
The Subcontracts Administrator serves as the point-of-contact for the program area for all subcontract proposal actions, ensuring essential communication is maintained between the program, teaming partners and functional areas. The Subcontracts Administrator will be responsible for the full range of pre-award & post-award subcontract administration duties. This includes drafting complex solicitations for team member input; managing source evaluations; conducting negotiations; developing cost/price analysis; as well as managing post award subcontract actions, including modifications, invoice approval, etc. He or she will be responsible for the full range of pre-award & post-award subcontract administration duties. He or she will ensure contract flow downs are incorporated and requirements are met, and will be fully responsible for all subcontract file documentation to satisfy internal audit, government CPSR audit, and internal policies and procedures.
The Subcontracts Administrator will assist in the planning, development & coordination of subcontract and proposal support of overall program objectives. He or she will work with and advise programs on risk mitigation and strategy in negotiations. Will also participate with management in continuous improvement activities that ensure compliance with Government and corporate policies and procedures.
This position will require travel.
Will perform other position related duties as assigned or requested.
** We are an E-Verify employer **
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- Knowledge of the proposal process as it relates to federal business cycles and the preparation of Requests for Proposals
- Highly proficient in Procurement, Subcontract Administration and Proposal Support and able to work in a team environment with a minimal amount of direct supervision
- Able to coordinate, develop and produce a wide range of subcontract and procurement documentation
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of word-processing, database, spreadsheet programs and integrated software application
- Able to multi-task and support concurrent requirements for multiple internal and external customers
- Able to manage time and prioritize workload, and work under firm and quick turnaround deadlines
- 7 years of progressive experience performing procurement and subcontract administration in a CPSR approved environment
- Contract and subcontract administration in the Department of Defense community
- Experience with Navy customers and engineering services contracts is preferred
- Experience supporting proposal development
- Demonstrated experience mitigating risk through negotiations and providing post-award administration support