Provide strategy, advice, counsel and recommendations to internal staff and potential subcontractors on procurement issues in support of Company business operations. Assist in the identification and formulation of teaming strategies in the support of new business development initiatives. Conduct pre-award subcontracts solicitation activities. Maintain responsibility for developing, negotiating, and administering highly complex and relatively high risk subcontracts, ensuring compliance on cost, schedule, legal and performance aspects under general supervision. Provide strategy and business counsel on cross team subcontract issues within the procurement group. Negotiate teaming and non-disclosure agreements. Ensure compliance with procurement policies, subcontracts guidelines and applicable procedures and self-governance requirements. Develop intellectual capital and train internal clients on subcontracts related issues.
- Developed knowledge of supplier source selection processes, subcontracts placement and administration.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Problem solving skills
- Demonstrated sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment, as appropriate
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Working knowledge of Oracle system, applications and processes
- Ability to work with all levels of management (internal and external)
- Ability to coach and mentor other less experienced personnel
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities in fast paced environment
Abt Associates - 20 months ago