J P Kenny is one of the world's largest and most innovative pipeline, subsea engineering and management contractors, located in a global network of 10 offices on 4 continents. We employ approximately 1,300 professionals (mostly Engineers) and our services are used by some of the world’s foremost businesses. We are working on some of the largest, most innovative, subsea oil & gas projects in the world.
The position is for a Senior Subsea Controls Engineer , with deepwater development experience, to join the operations team.
The Asset (FPSO) has been in operation for a number of years and the Operator/Company requires support in daily and long term operations activities to ensure Safety, Quality and Engineering Integrity are maintained whilst ensuring excellent interfaces with the other operations team lead disciplines.
Roles & Responsibilities
JPK is currently providing Engineering Operations support for a major operator.
Responsibilities will include:
The candidate should ideally have around 8-10 years experience and should be experienced or have awareness of:
- Maintaining the Operations specifications, procedures and system equipment requirements.
- Assurance engineering in the form of reviewing supplier design output and compliance with Company specifications and standards.
- Reliability assessments and qualification of any new equipment proposals.
- Involvement in HAZOP activities.
- Attendance at regular progress meetings and associated key milestones.
- To be the Operator’s point of contact for SCS equipment when required and to lead the promotion of an excellent HSE.
- To establish and maintain positive relationships with external stakeholders (e.g. subcontracting companies, community, partners, local authorities, customers, etc.).
- Ensure effective coordination, interfaces between the local operations team, engineering, and manufacturing and installation teams.
- Assist on site team to agree adequate reporting format, content and regularity and ensure the issued reports comply with these requirements and are maintained as needed.
The role requires a degree qualified engineer.
- Hydraulic and electrical distribution for subsea systems.
- SCS equipment design & manufacture.
- Systems testing.
- XT, manifold & umbilical design.
- Workover systems and operation.
- Topsides control interface & design (process control).
- SCS installation, offshore testing & commissioning.
Familiarity with typical offshore operations, equipment, interfaces and project scheduling would be a necessity.
Reporting would be to the Operations Manager for the Asset.
Any Other Information
Please click the apply button, and upload your CV and including a letter explaining why you wish to join J P Kenny and how you will add value to the Company.
Your application must state clearly whether you already have the right to work in the UK.
Your CV will be reviewed and if appropriate circulated to Project Managers or Senior Managers who will review it further. They may then ask for more information, request an interview or return as unsuitable.
This process can take up to three weeks so do not expect a response sooner. If nothing is heard within four weeks it generally means that your application is not currently of interest.
However we will make efforts to reply to every application even if it is to say no.
Please note that your CV will be put onto our database and if a suitable vacancy arises in the future, we will be in contact.
J P Kenny - 15 months ago