Senior Summer Camp Counselor-IND00638
Life Time Kids is here to partner with parents, together creating a healthy and happy way of life for their children. As a Senior Summer Camp Counselor at Life Time, you will have the opportunity to lead children through a variety of activities including rock climbing, swimming, weekly field trips, arts & crafts, gym games and more. Our unique approach incorporates nutrition education with weekly-themed camps providing a high level of fun for children from ages three to 12 years. As a Life Time Counselor you will be a partner in our continued approach to grow healthy, happy kids.
- Continually keep campers active and engaged in fun and challenging activities while maintaining a safe environment.
- Follow and execute activities according to pre-designed daily lesson plans.
- Lead a group of up to 10 campers ages 3-12 with a fun, positive and outgoing attitude
- Act as a role model to all children attending camp
- Interact with children, parents/guardians and co-workers in a professional manner at all times.
- Understand and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures for camps.
- Act as Supervisor in the absence of the Summer Camp Supervisor (see additional responsibilities outlined below)
- Greets and welcomes parents and children in a warm and friendly manner
- Ensures counselors initiate, develop and maintain positive relationships with campers
- Engages children in interactive activities including, organized arts & crafts, singing, sports activities, games, and field trips
- Ensures Counselors are engaged and interacting with campers at all times
- Resolves child conflicts in a swift and professional manner
- Provides a safe, clean and organized camp area
Managerial & Supervisory
- Maintain proper camp staffing ratios at all times
- Ensures counselors implement the daily activities
- Ensures safety of campers in the daily camp programs
- Fills in as counselor when staff is sick or camp is under ratios, etc
- Assists with general camp duties throughout the day
- Provide daily direction and feedback to counselors as needed
- Reports disciplinary or behavioral issues to Camp Supervisor or Department Head
- Attend and pass Life Time Summer Camp Counselor Certification.
- GED or High School diploma; or must be actively working towards a High School diploma.
- One year of previous camp experience
Applicant must complete all state or federal requirements prior to first day of directly working with children or within other specified timeframe. Requirements vary by state. A complete list of requirements is available from the hiring manager.
These requirements may include but are not limited to:
- Tuberculosis test
- All required vaccinations (or signed exemption)
- Fingerprints taken by a local police department for a background check
- Background checks required by state specific child care licensing laws that are in addition to Life Time background check
- Continuing education courses for continued employment in working with children
- Infant and Children First Aid and CPR Certifications
All requirements must be completed at the cost of the applicant, unless prohibited by law.
Primary Location: : IN-Indianapolis - IND - Castle Creek