Position Description :
1) The Senior Supervising Engineer will lead the review of design submittals prepared by design-build contractors to ensure compliance with contract technical requirements and system performance objectives.
2) Interface with the client, federal and state regulatory agencies, passenger and freight railroad owners and operators, state transportation agencies, and other projects.
3) Work directly with design-build contractors to provide guidance, clarification, and information related to the appropriate application of the project’s technical requirements through final design and construction.
4) Participate in multidisciplinary workshops to resolve design application and interface issues. Integrate future systems elements with infrastructure design and construction.
5) Assess adequacy of proposed design variances to established technical requirements and recommend approval, provide review information, or request re-submittal, as appropriate, in order to confirm that technical feasibility and system performance objectives are maintained.
6) Provide technical support to risk management and value engineering efforts.
7) Provide technical support for the procurement of design-build construction contracts, inclusive of developing scope of work documents, evaluation of qualifications, review of alternate technical concepts, response to requests for information and support evaluation of bid proposals.
8) Interact with design-build proposers, as required, to confirm appropriate application of the project’s engineering standards.
9) Review and refine established procedures and protocols to promote improvements in efficiency and quality assurance.
10) Position includes short term, in-state travel to support design and construction activities.
1) Minimum 20 years of preliminary and final design experience of roadways, railroads, and/or rail-transit systems. Experience in design-build project delivery.
2) A high level of familiarity with the use of engineering standards (design criteria, standard plans and specifications) for final design and construction of civil infrastructure and systems elements is required. Familiarity with design requirements and protocols for Caltrans and freight railroads is desired.
3) Experience leading technical staff and directly interfacing with clients, consultants, and contractors.
4) Experience in design management and/or project management of large, complex projects with aggressive schedules and constrained budgets.
1) BSCE required.
2) CA PE registration is required.
3) Ability to work in this country immediately is required.
Parsons Brinckerhoff - 2 years ago
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with approximately 14,000 employees dedicated...