Directs and supervises the Predictive Maintenance Program initiatives and Generation Engineers to ensure optimum efficiency and reliability at HECO generating units.
- Provides leadership and supervision for the Predictive Maintenance and the Generation Engineer teams (administers all personnel matters such as hiring, performance appraisal, training and development, recognition, safety, and disciplinary action). Directs and monitors the activities and provides technical as well as administrative direction and support.
- Provides leadership and directs the work of the PdM specialists, and Generation Engineers with regards to troubleshooting various equipment problems and to identify interim and permanent solutions. Collaborates with Operations, Maintenance, Planning, and Engineering to implement these solutions. Ensures all plant maintenance practices are in compliance with all applicable federal and state regulations and codes, and Company policies.
- Provides leadership and directs the work of the PdM specialists, and Generation Engineers with regards to providing project management support activities for various O&M and capital projects. Develops and directs implementation of predictive maintenance practices and processes which supports the initiatives for the Generation department.
- Facilitates, coordinates, develops and supports various reliability and continuous improvement initiatives/processes such as the ROI Program, Root Cause Failure Analysis, BTFR/CCI Program and the Maintenance Basis process. Supports the Company's R&D efforts through involvement with research projects and new technologies.
- Provides input to the Planning teams and the Maintenance Division for the scope and prioritization of preventative, predictive, proactive and corrective maintenance work. Provides input to the section's O&M budgets for projects and resource allocation to meet predictive maintenance and operations requirements. Evaluates the applicability of and procures new PdM technologies and equipment/tools to improve unit reliability and efficiency.
- Thorough knowledge of union contract, Company policies, and Department policies/practices.
- Thorough familiarity with applicable state and federal regulations /permits, laws and codes.
- Thorough knowledge of the general design, operation, maintenance of power generation equipment, including steam electric power plants, combustion turbine, diesel electric power plants.
- Thorough knowledge of Project Management principles, practices, and processes.
- Thorough knowledge of reading mechanical and electrical engineering drawings, instrument control drawings, piping and instrumentation drawings.
- Working knowledge of basic Reliability and Continuous Improvement concepts and processes such as Predictive Maintenance, Maintenance Basis, System Owner, Root Cause Failure and Work Week Management.
- Thorough knowledge of personal computers and/or mainframe systems and related software applications (including maintenance and materials management).
- Supervisory/leadership skills and abilities to work with a variety of individuals dealing with sensitive, difficult or confrontational issues.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel, both verbally and in written communications.
- Must have or be able to qualify for Hawaii driver's license and HECO driver's license to conduct on-site project, and equipment maintenance inspections.
- Ability to remain flexible in a demanding work environment and adapt to changing priorities.
- In-depth equipment troubleshooting and testing skills.
- In-depth analytical, organization, and conceptual skills to handle various on-going projects, and programs.
- Ability to utilize reference materials, drawings, instruction manuals, and historical information.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and persuade various groups and individuals.
TO APPLY for this job, please visit us at: careers.heco.com .
- BS Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or multiple years (7-10 years) of experience in electric utility engineering, operations and maintenance and project management or equivalent.
- Several years (3-5) of experience with condition monitoring technologies (e.g. vibration analysis, oil analysis, IR thermography, motor testing and pump performance) and diagnostic equipment.
- Several years (3-5) of field engineering experience as a project engineer or project manager.
- Several years (3-5) of related work experience in a supervisory capacity.
Please login to your iRecruitment account, or register today if you do not have one.
To explore other employment opportunities, you may go to careers.heco.com , or
call our employment hotline at: (808) 543-4611
HECO is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We actively seek diversity among our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender/sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, arrest and court record, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws.
EnergyCentralJobs.com - 17 months ago