Ensures that suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services. Qualifies suppliers according to company standards and may administer a Certified Supplier Program in receiving inspection to ensure delivery quality and cost effectiveness. Utilizes a hands on approach with monitoring parts from acquisition through manufacturing cycle and communicates and resolves supplier-related problems as they occur. Develops and prioritizes an auditing schedule to ensure that designated suppliers are audited and evaluated on a regular basis to ensure good manufacturing processes (GMP) and quality standards are met. Evaluates suppliers' internal functions to assess their overall performance and provides feedback in assessment of their operation to the commodity Teams.
- Deal with internal and external customers on APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) activities on new programs.
- Work with product development teams to provide quality suppliers for new and sustaining materials (e.g., identify new material requirements, identify new potential suppliers, research and evaluate options, make recommendations).
- Analyze and resolve quality performance problems at Company’s suppliers, utilizing engineering knowledge and experience.
- Responsible for process and quality audits of all suppliers.
- Reviews GD&T, SC’s KPC’s and inspection methodology with customers on new parts.
- Establish metrics for and track performance of suppliers. When needed, implement and follow through on supplier corrective actions.
- Assume responsibility for Corporate NCR process. Track, trend and reroute on all issues logged into the NCR database. Work with other functions to ensure timely and thorough closure of issues.
- Establish list of strategic/critical and “super long lead” suppliers. Establish and implement plans for aligning corporate needs with these suppliers.
- Provide input and track issues to root cause for SonoSite’s Asian source inspection program.
- Responsible and accountable for carrying out the requirements of the company's quality system.
- Prepare and present reports, studies, and charts to communicate quality issues and recommend solutions.
SonoSite is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years Supplier Quality Engineering experience
- Minimum 2 years manufacturing engineering experience developing and maintain electronic assembly or fabrication processes
- Experience in quality auditing, per ISO/QSR requirements
- Working knowledge of project management tools, problem solving techniques and QSR/ISO requirements
- Knowledge of statistics, basic purchasing, manufacturing flow, and auditing principles and techniques
- Experience in medical electronics industry primarily in Ultrasound preferred.
- Experience with Agile and Oracle Business Systems preferred.
- Knowledge of CMM, and other calibrated measuring devices.
- ISO, FDA training and experience
- Ability to lift 25lbs with or without accommodations
SonoSite Inc. - 14 months ago