- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- United States
- Student Opportunities
Senior Supply Chain Manager
Senior Supply Chain Manager
This key leadership position is responsible for the operation of the global Aftermarket Supply Chain, servicing all Business Line and Business Units. The aim is to build a best of breed Supply Chain organization for TESCO to provide superior service to the Aftermarket, Top Drive Rentals and Tubular Services segments and allow the Business Units to capitalize on a greater share of opportunities.
TESCO requires an individual experienced in all Logistics modes, Warehouse Management, Purchasing, Production Planning, Quality Control, Materials Planning and Inventory Management who is capable of building and leading a cohesive, distributed multi-functional team.
The successful candidate will be an individual who has the commercial acumen and leadership skills to deliver results in a complex parts environment with significant change and ambiguity. The position interacts with the Business Units Supply Chain Mangers directly and through embedded Service Representatives, with other Tesco Supply Chain leaders, as well as external suppliers and service providers.
The position will have complete ownership of the distribution process for all inventory replenishment parts and assemblies required by TESCO Business Units to meet their financial objectives and fully satisfy their customer commitments. This position manages the activities of one or more Strategic Distribution Centers, Planning Managers, Inventory Manager, QC department , dedicated Buyers, and CSRs (Customer Service Representatives assigned to, and located with, each Business Unit).
Directly responsible to: Director, Aftermarket Sales & Services
Indirectly responsible to: Vice President, Supply Chain
Internal Relationships : VP Supply Chain, Business Line VPs & Directors, TESCO Manufacturing Facility, TESCO Business Units, TESCO Inventory Managers, Strategic Sourcing, Logistics, Asset Management, Finance & Accounting
External Relationships: TESCO Suppliers, Customers & Logistics providers
· Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management or related discipline.
· 7+ years of experience in the area of Supply Chain Management or distribution, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 5+ years of experience in Materials Planning Scheduling within a distribution environment.
· Extensive knowledge of MRP and ERP systems.
· Extensive knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems and best practices including managing third party providers
· Knowledge of air, ocean, and land logistics, and Trade Compliance
· APICS certification
· 25% Purchase Parts for central AMSI stock within rules sets developed by Strategic sourcing based in Calgary with success defined as timely PO placement and on-time delivery to ordered destination
· 25% Manage Houston warehouse activities with success defined as inventory accuracy and zero packaging non-conformances
· 25% Lead a successful CSR (Buyer-Planner) team embedded within the Business Units with success defined as on-time delivery of required parts
· 25% Driving savings by business partnership with BU and correct mix of drop ship (from source) and ex-hub ship
Principal Tasks and Specific Areas of Expertise
· Utilization of existing stock in filling new demand
· Manage and maintain approved inventory levels to ensure customer expectations are met.
· Maintain high inventory accuracy in warehouse by implementing best in class WHS processes and procedures.
· Tracking, reporting, and managing on-time deliveries to original commit dates
· Tracking, reporting, and managing on-time deliveries to standard lead times
· Assuring inventory replenishment requirements in the form of intercompany POs from business are met with timely and feasible promise dates
· Assuring that Inventory Managers are continuously reviewing and adjusting planned inventory levels based on data from S&OP, AMSS, Rentals and Tubular Services subject matter experts, and BU Supply Chain Managers
· Assuring Production Manager is planning long lead and critical parts based on demand forecasted by Business Units through S&OP
· Recommend continuous process improvements; facilitate problem-solving teams.
· Assure Buyer compliance with Strategic Sourcing purchasing buying rules and commitments.
· Design, implement and manage associated compliance reporting.
· Assure accuracy and timeliness in all warehousing functions including receiving, stocking, picking, cycle counting, and packaging.
· Ensure compliance to TESCO Quality systems and processes
· Ensure compliance to TESCO Health and Safety systems and processes
Other competencies required for effective performance
· High level of oral and written communications skills
· Excellent people skills
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment
· Able to work flexible hours when required
If you would like to join a team of global
leaders in the design, manufacture and service of technology based
solutions for the upstream energy industry, submit your resume in
confidence using the online application form, before
We conduct post offer drug/alcohol testing and have a zero tolerance policy. All
applicants are thanked in advance, but only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Tesco is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. F/M/D/V
Tesco Corporation - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations are...