Ocean Spray has an opening in our Supply Chain group within our Logistics and Planning team. The position is based in Lakeville MA. .
The Sr. Supply Planner will be proficient in Supply and Replenishment Planning and will be responsible for the following:
• Creating the master production schedule and inventory plan for a sub-set of Ocean Spray operations resources. The plan must balance production, inventory and customer service objectives. This includes responsibility for configuring the planning systems to deliver the constrained supply plan for manufacturing, distribution and procurement activities.
• Responsible for the management of finished goods inventory as it flows from point of manufacture to distribution centers and ensures that accurate quantities are supplied at the appropriate location to meet customer demand. Create deployment strategies for inventory allocation and configures deployment planning system to generate transfer orders; monitors the age of finished goods inventory and initiates transfers to reduce un-saleable product.
• Must be able to recommend production plans and changes that balance customer demand and manufacturing efficiency. Clearly communicate constraints, negotiate solutions that meet the needs of the company and execute against the agreed upon plan.
• Planning system setup, upkeep, maintenance and documentation.
• Strategic Planning data integrity, maintenance and verification.
• The Sr. Supply Planner plays a leading role in aligning operational activities to meet the inventory demands of the company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities may include:
1. Create and deliver Master Production Plan to Operations. Collect & apply constraining master data, identify production capabilities, create run strategy document and incorporate into planning tool, configure constraints in planning system, constrain plan across manufacturing resources and assess impact on operations, deliver weekly MPS to plants at UPC level for sub-set of operations resources.
2. Communicate Supply Plan and resolve exceptions. Coordinate plan with appropriate individuals, prepare summaries of plan outlining issues and recommend options to assist supply alignment process, provide volume inputs to Operations budgeting process.
3. Calculate safety stock levels and generate unconstrained inventory plan. Identify customer service targets; choose and configure best safety stock method to model product characteristics. Analyze and apply DRP rules for planning horizons, cycle stock, lead time and order quantity. Generate distribution requirements plan and assess impact on company objectives.
4. Create replenishment plans and deployment strategies for finished goods; generate and review recommended shipments; build transfer orders and release to distribution.
5. Review and resolve inventory availability and distribution issues; determine optimal short term supply options and modify MPS as needed. Communicate inventory availability issues to customer service and support resolution activities.
6. Monitor and minimize code dated inventory. Review age reports, determine risk inventory, develop transfer plan to minimize exposure to unsalable product.
Minimum Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
• Bachelor Degree in Business or Business related field
• 3-5 years’ experience in Supply Chain related fields
• Excellent communication skills and problem solving abilities
• Ability to network with planners, customer service and other contacts
• Ability to forecast allocation of product variant based on inventory levels
• Understanding of inventory strategies LIFO, FIFO, etc.
• Experience in MRP, ERP with SAP and Manugistics preferred.
• Proficient in Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
Compensation and benefits are high on everyone's priority list, so it’s high on our list too. That’s why Ocean Spray provides competitive salaries and a wide variety of benefits - including programs that protect your health and welfare, help you prepare for retirement and truly enable you to balance your work and family life.
Ocean Spray is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AAP/M/F/V/D.
Ocean Spray is a vibrant agricultural cooperative owned by more than 700 cranberry and grapefruit growers in the United States, Canada and...