Barracuda Networks is looking for an individual to handle escalated telephone and/or written inquiries from technicians and customers regarding Barracuda Web Application Firewall. You will also document and manage escalated customer issues within the corporate ticket management system, review and comment on user documentation, product requirements and functional specifications; interact with Sales, Engineering and Product Management and participate in project meetings to coordinate resolutions to customer-specific product issues and overall technical support trends; assist with issue duplication and act as a technical advisor to assist other technicians.
Responsibilities also include analyzing new software releases and new system integration configurations to identify complex functionality and/or processes. Identify and document complex application and integration issues for Technical Support Analyst in an easy to understand manner. Manage complex customer issues involving third-party integrations, escalating to appropriate functional teams and management. Candidates will have wide-ranging experience, the ability to use professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways, and the ability to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Candidates will have the ability to exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Education and Experience:
- Provide support on escalated technical inquiries from Analyst and Specialist Technicians; diagnose reported problems or configuration issues and recommend possible solutions. Escalate to appropriate functional team if no resolution can be found. Drive resolutions of escalations through to completion.
- Provide technical support to customers via phone and email for Barracuda products: answer technical inquiries, diagnose reported problems or configuration issues, recommend possible solutions, follow issue through to resolution or escalate if no resolution can be found.
- Document all technical inquiries and customer-reported problems in the customer tracking database and in the escalation tracking system, including the nature of the inquiry, and the resolution recommended. Multi-task, prioritize and organize all calls and e-mails sent to you and assigned to you.
- Research and duplicate difficult configuration, compatibility or product-defect issues and track results of investigations in appropriate systems. Update the Knowledge Base with solutions as appropriate.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures regarding customer handling processes, service entitlement verification, customer registration and problem escalation.
- Contribute potential technical workarounds or resolutions via interaction in technical discussions and via knowledge base documentation.
- Assist with trend analysis and knowledge-sharing projects.
- Perform special projects and duties as assigned.
- Provide technical reviews of user documentation, product requirements documents and functional specifications.
- Act as mentor and adviser to Technical Support Analysts and Specialists.
- Act as subject matter expert with regard to specific product components and integrations.
- Provide in-depth training in areas of expertise, general product knowledge, and integration.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BS degree or higher in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related experience.
- Five or more years of technical and customer service experience in a professional industry, in an end-user computing environment, utilizing effective phone and email communication skills. Including two or more years of technical support phone experience.
- Hands-on experience with at least 85% of the following, with a level 4-5 expertise on a scale of 1 to 5: TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, Firewalls, Routing and Switching, VLANS, Network Administration, DNS/DHCP, Proxy Servers, Apache, IIS, Directory Services, SQL, Unix and Linux. Prefer experience in one or more of the following areas: Cisco and Checkpoint firewalls, Microsoft Proxy/ISA Server, SQL Server.
- Certifications and/or coursework in many of the following areas: HTTP, SSL, Load Balancing, TCP/IP, Firewalls, Routing, Network Administration, DNS/DHCP, Proxy Servers, Windows 2000, NT, Novell, Directory Services, SQL, Unix, Linux, Solaris.
- Experience / Expertise are required in one or more of the following areas: Technical Training, Lab Management/Network Administration, International Escalations, Sales Assistance.
- MUST be CCNA certified or possess equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of customer-support standards and processes, including problem resolution, in an end-user computing environment.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience creating procedural documentation. Must have a strong understanding with regard to Ms-Word, Excel and Visio.
- Two or more years of network administration experience or equivalent certification.
- Two or more years project management experience or equivalent experience with large implementation projects.
- Seasoned, experienced Technical Support professional with wide-ranging experience and a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Able to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Ability to interact professionally with senior internal and external personnel, to drive resolutions that contribute to company plans and objectives.
- Works effectively with little instruction on day-to-day work and general instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Committed to providing exceptional customer service and providing measurable results that demonstrate quality customer care. Detail-oriented, results driven and process oriented is essential.
- Professional and effective communications skills – both verbal and written. Ability to effectively interact and maintain professionalism with customers at all levels via phone and email.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a customer-driven, fast-paced environment. Experience interacting with engineering, product marketing and product management is required.
- Strong troubleshooting, logic and analytical skills. Strong editing, reading comprehension, and conceptualization skills.
- Ability to simplify complex concepts and troubleshooting processes for team members and customers.
- Tier III product and integration knowledge.
If you’re interested, please respond to email@example.com and place “Senior Support Engineer - NY” in the subject line and attach your resume.
Barracuda Networks - 17 months ago
Barracuda Networks hunts down network threats. The company provides firewalls that combine computer network hardware and software to protect...