Senior System Administrator (Redwood City, CA)
Key responsibilities include the identification and resolution of hardware and software problems/malfunctions in the LiveOps Infrastructure that is used for Staging, QA, Development and some corporate systems. Ideally, solutions should be amenable to automation (where appropriate) and thorough integration with our in-house monitoring system, so scripting (in the language of your choice) is a key skill.
QA, dev and integration lab Server up time and maintenance.
System software and application management for all of lab infrastructure.
Management and maintenance of our virtualized environment (Xen center, KVM )
Server HW maintenance including HP c7000 chassis and blades
Load balancer (F5) setup, configuration and maintenance
Managing Internet-oriented services such as web (apache, thttpd), mail (postfix, sendmail), DNS (djbdns, BIND, 3DNS)
- 3-5 years of Linux/UNIX system administration.
- Good communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Linux and server and workstation hardware and software
- Must work independently with Linux servers and workstations, applying seasoned knowledge of multiple technologies, as appropriate
- Experience administering large installations, upgrades, migrations, patching of Linux servers and workstations
- Redhat, CentOS, MySql, and Xen center knowledge a plus
- Automation Experience using shell and/or perl scripts
- Bachelor*s degree (preferably in computer science or related area) or equivalent
- 2-5 years linux + windows sys admin experience
- Redhat, centos, mysql and xen center knowledge a plus
- Puppet or Chef experience
LiveOps is a industry leader focused on providing the full platform cloud software and applications in the cloud (software) with the ability to maximize every sales, support and social customer interaction to ultimately drive brand loyalty. More than 200 companies around the world, including Salesforce.com, Symantec, Royal Mail Group, and Amway New Zealand trust LiveOps' technology to enable effective multichannel, social and mobile interactions with their customers. LiveOps' award winning platform has processed more than 1 Billion minutes of customer interactions and managed operations for the largest US-based cloud contact center of 20,000 home-based, independent agents. With 10+ years of cloud experience LiveOps is the partner of choice for companies wanting to migrate to the cloud. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, LiveOps supports a wide range of industries including financial, health care, insurance, retail, and high tech. For more information visit www.LiveOps.com.