AINS is seeking a motivated and talented Senior System Administrator (UNIX and Windows) to coordinate and provide technical services for the delivery of consistent, modern and cost-effective business solutions to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Farm Service Agency (FSA) Application Delivery Testing (T-FAD). The work location is Kansas City, MO.
Testing and certification is spread across a variety of testing environments including:
- CERT– This is the main Web Farm 2.0 testing environment. This environment contains Websphere Application servers, visual basic servers, .NET servers, and SQL databases servers.
- CERT 2 – This is a Web Farm 2.0 additional testing environment for financial and special applications. This environment uses the same SQL database servers as CERT.
- CERT 3 – This is a Web Farm 2.0 training environment, most commonly used by Farm Loan Programs. This environment has its own SQL database server.
- Stress Lab – This is a Web Farm 2.0 environment for performance and capacity stress testing applications
- 5-10 years of experiencein their field of specialization or equivalent knowledge and expertise obtained through verifiable on-the-job experience.
- Master's degree from an accredited university
- Significant experience in Software and Tool Installation
- Knowledge and experience installing and configuring software on WebSphere and Jboss application Server platforms
- Experience configuring application server JVM’s and server settings to include but not limited to: Heap Size; Garbage Collection; Thread/Session settings; Name Space Bindings/JNDI; JDBC/Data sources; MQ Providers/Queues/Factories
- Experience working with a software scheduling tool such as CA Workload Automation or Control M
- Working knowledge of ERP application security, transport administration, ERP support packs, application performance monitoring, response times, infrastructure and hosting knowledge, short dumps, buffers, lock entries, OSS system and Early-Watch services with Government agencies or large companies
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments
- Plans and leads major technology assignments
- Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affectingshort-term project growth and success
- Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments
- May supervise others
Provide System Admin and Technical Support for the Following:
- Functional software Testing (on multiple platforms including Web-Based, Client/Server, ArcGIS and ERP)
- Performance software Testing
- Data Warehouse Testing
- Automated Software Testing
- Section 508 Testing
- Defect Management
- Configuration Management of the Testing environments
- Software release documentation
About AINS, Inc.
AINS, Inc. has been in business since 1988 and provides over 150 Federal agencies with IT products and services. The company is located in Gaithersburg, MD. Please visit the AINS corporate website at http://www.ains.com for more details. AINS offers:
- Career growth
- Competitive salaries & incentives
- Good benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Life insurance
- Education cost reimbursement
- AINS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
To apply please send a cover letter, visa status (if applicable), resume and salary requirements
Indeed - 18 months ago