Senior System Administrator, US
Position: Senior System Administrator
Location: Milpitas, USA
Aryaka Networks Inc., is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join us as a Senior System Administrator.
This position is part of the Infrastructure Services organization, which is responsible for the design, implementation and support of Aryaka’s worldwide network infrastructure; currently located in 16 cities throughout the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pac regions (and growing!). This team drives and balances immediate implementation and deployment with informed, highly credible long-term architecture — planning a scalable service infrastructure with world class availability, performance, quality, reliability and cost efficiency.
The ideal candidate will have a strong and diverse background in Systems Administration, specifically on Linux, CentOS, Unix and Windows Operating Systems. The candidate should also have intimate knowledge in computing hardware platforms (disk drives, processors, memory, I/O, storage) and scalability architecture. A successful candidate needs to work with multiple stakeholders (service architects, other systems administrators, network designers and system/application engineers, business units, etc.) to design, deploy and maintain the Aryaka customer serving, as well as internally supporting, network computing systems and services.
A successful candidate for this job will have extensive technical breadth and depth expertise in the following areas:
- At least 5 years of experience with Linux, Unix, CentOS and Windows Operating Systems
- At least 5 years working knowledge of Linux file systems, device configuration, systems logging and exception diagnosis
- Install, maintain, and support various tools including, but not limited to, Jumpstart, Kickstart, Puppet, Cacti, JIRA
- Perl, TCL, PHP, shell programming techniques; Java experience is also desirable
- At least 5 years of relevant programming/scripting experience in tools/automation
- At least 5 years of experience with platform/language agnostic remote APIs such as XMLRPC, SOAP, Web services
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in troubleshooting complex IT server and application issues
- Demonstrated ability to design and code critical systems projects
- Strong abilities in software and systems testing and debugging
- Solid understanding of process engineering and IT operations best practices
- Investigation and recommendation of alternative techniques and efficiency improvements
- Scripts and software should be developed with reuse, low maintenance, reliability, and extensibility in mind
- Work product must include excellent in-source and supporting documentation
Aryaka is the world’s first cloud-based WAN optimization company solving application and network performance issues faced by the distributed enterprise. Aryaka has been named to the Dow Jones Venture Wire FASTech 50 innovative startups for 2011, a “Cool Vendor” by a leading analyst firm and a GigaOm Structure 50 company that will shape the future of cloud computing. Aryaka eliminates the need for expensive and complex appliances as well as long-haul connectivity, and enhances collaboration across locations. It offers significant cost, ease-of-use and performance advantages, helping global companies achieve dramatic productivity gains and increased visibility into their WAN applications, locations and performance, while providing 24/7 world-class support.
How to Apply:
If interested, please submit your resume in strictest confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org
Aryaka Networks Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and believes in the diversity of workforce.
Aryaka - 13 months ago
Founded in November 2008, Aryaka Networks, Inc. offers cloud-based Application Acceleration and WAN Optimization. Headquartered in Milpitas,...