Senior System Engineer (Job Number: 321874)
SAIC (future Leidos) currently has an opening for a Senior System Engineer (NSID) in Washington, DC.
• Responsible for developing solutions to critical software architecture problems and broad design issues.
• Works on software architecture problems that impact the design success of products or addresses broad design issues of future products or technologies.
• Evaluates recommended solutions to problems related to software systems architecture and makes final recommendations to customers.
• Determines system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters to meet business requirements and hardware/software compatibility
• Responsible for performing technical planning, software systems integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness for total software systems.
• Total software system product may include: concept design, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field and 4+ years of experience
• Active TS/SCI
• Knowledge of JBOD’s and JETSTOR storage devices configured as different types as Raids to accommodate approximately over 250 TB of data.
Solid Knowledge of the operating system installation of Windows XP, Windows 7 64 bit, Windows 2003/2008 servers and Centos Linux servers, along with Gluter cloud storage.
• Knowledgeable of using Norton Ghosting software.
• nowledge of storage devices in order to store data
• Excellent communications skills, to include technical writing requirements for all related systems and security documentation
• Strong teamwork skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Apr 10, 2013, 1:30:00 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ALEXANDRIA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Yes, 10% of the time
SAIC - 10 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...