**Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a Secret or Top Secret clearance**
Qualcomm Government Technologies (QGov) has a mission to promote and advance Qualcomm's wireless terrestrial and satellite communication technologies to the government community of users. New products, innovations, research and development in all areas of the company's technology are applied to address the unique communication challenges of government users.
As a member of the Modem's System Test team, candidate will be responsible for verifying Modem software's protocols/features and characterizing system performance in one or more of the following technology areas:
CDMA2000, 1xEV-DO (Rev 0/A/B), WCDMA ( Rel99, Rel5 , Rel 6 , Rel 7), GSM/GPRS, LTE, TD-SCDMA Modems
2-3 years experience in Systems Test
Good background in one or more of following areas:
o CDMA2000, 1xEV-DO (Rev 0/A/B), GSM/ GPRS /EDGE / Rel99/ Rel5 / HSDPA/ HSUPA/HSPA+, LTE, TD-SCDMA
- Solid understanding of digital communications systems, RF propagation, CDMA, OFDM, telecommunications concepts
- Understanding of Physical/MAC layers and Call Processing concepts in one or more of the following air interface standards
- In depth understanding of wire line and wireless data protocol stacks including RLP, PPP, IP, TCP, IPV6, MIPV6, etc.
- Understanding of software development and testing concepts for wireless handsets for various air interface standards
- Familiarity with IP telephony network , SIP, IMS, and IP telephony standards
- Familiarity with air interface performance analysis, characterization and optimization
- Exposure to programming in C, Perl, shell scripting, etc is desired
- Exposure to commercial test simulators and test systems such as Anite, R&S, Agilent, Spirent, Aeroflex, and Anritsu for wireless telephony product verification is a plus
- Handset test experience with UMTS/CDMA operators or with commercial handset OEMs is a big plus
- Some background in VLSI, ASIC testing/verification, DSP
- Experience in 3GPP-IMS technology is a plus
Include system level feature Integration and Test, developing/executing test strategies and test plans, troubleshooting/analyzing problems, optimizing system performance, executing inter-operability tests, and supporting customers with product commercialization.
Candidates can expect to be responsible for testing and verifying physical layer and network protocol requirements for modem ASIC products supporting LTE, UMTS (HSPA+) and IS-2000 technologies. Will conduct engineering tests and detailed experimental testing to collect design data or assist in research toward improving the quality of ASIC products.
Candidate will be working with a multi-discipline team (Software Development, System Design, Support, ASIC Design, RF Circuits and Hardware Design, etc.) to integrate and test products.
Successful candidate must have strong communication skills, be an effective team player, and be able to work independently.
Bachelor's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering, and/or Mathematics or Physics required.
Master's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering and/or Mathematics and/or Physics preferred.
Qualcomm - 3 years ago
QUALCOMM Incorporated, incorporated in 1985, designs, manufactures and markets digital wireless telecommunications products and services...