Buried deep in every vehicle fleet is a wealth of secrets that can be used to improve operations as well as the bottom line – if only you could unlock them. Navman Wireless holds the key that unlocks those secrets and helps fleets run more efficiently and cost-effectively every day.
With our technology, fleet operators have complete visibility into where their vehicles and assets are in real time – how much fuel they're using – how they're being driven – whether they need service – and other insights that can be used to make smart management decisions.
Today, Navman Wireless monitors more than 190,000 vehicles owned by over 16,000 organizations on five continents. That makes us one of the top SaaS providers of GPS-based fleet and asset management technology in the world.
An operating company of Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR), Navman Wireless is based in Glenview, IL, with additional facilities in California, Mexico, UK, Italy, Taiwan, Ireland, China, New Zealand and Australia.
Navman Wireless is looking for an exceptional Sr. System Test Engineer or Firmware QA engineer, who will report to the Manager of Software Quality Assurance. The candidate will work within an international team comprised of hardware engineers, firmware engineer, software testers, developers, product managers, and other IT members in a fast-paced, challenging, and growing environment to design and execute test strategies. The candidate will establish test requirements, contribute to release documentation, and provide integration support, working with embedded design engineers and software engineers in problem analysis and resolution.
The position is located in Pleasanton, CA. Occasional travel may be required.
The candidate will test the functionality and end-to-end integrity of hardware, firmware, and software systems, both in a test lab as well as in the field, focusing on the integration of new hardware (mobile navigation devices). The candidate will be hands-on with basic programming skills and act as an information resource about assigned areas of responsibility to other Quality Assurance Engineers, and take the lead in test execution efforts with local and remote QA teams in Pleasanton, New Zealand, and Pune, India. The ideal candidate should have experience testing mobile data services and distributed enterprise applications.
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience testing hardware systems with integrated software Experience testing client-server based mobile data services against Web or SaaS applications
- Experience testing products developed on Microsoft platforms, such as .NET and MS SQL Server Experience in testing highly scalable, distributed server systems and components that can efficiently process millions of transactions a day
- Strong understanding of usability/scalability/performance metrics
- Experience working with global teams
- Strong experience with Agile/Scrum development processes
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience or foundational background in wireless, cellular or satellite telecommunications, in particular GPS or CDMA/GSM/GPRS services
- Ability to interact at the hardware/software interface layer
- Hands-on experience in writing automation scripts, SQL scripts, and engineering tools Experience with testing applications running on mobile devices and smart phones, in particular iOS and Android
- Experience with Google Maps or other similar Web Services
- Understanding of mapping, spatial data and GPS data processing
Why Navman Wireless?
Interested in the Position?
Email a PDF of your resume to
- We are a fast growing company, but maintain a small company feel so your ideas can be heard at the highest levels
- In the last two years alone, we've also been listed on the Inc. 500|5000, Forbes America's Most Promising Companies, Crain's Fastest Growing Companies and the Crain's Largest Privately Held Companies
- Our SaaS technology has been featured in the BBC, NBC, Wall Street Journal, Fox Business, Inc., Fast Company, Investor's Business Daily, CNNMoney just to name a few
- Our products have consistently been recognized as best in class include recent wins of the Chicago Innovation Award, Construction Equipment's Best 100 New Products, Technology Leadership Award, InfoWorld's Top 25 CTO and Best Telematics Service and Application for Commercial Vehicles for our flagship OnlineAVL2 product
- The opportunity to sell an innovative fleet management solution that will make companies more efficient and productive thus growing their business
- We were acquired by Danaher Corporation, a Washington, D.C.-based Fortune 250 science and technology company, in December 2012
This job description is not intended to be complete or limiting – the role will require a proactive and flexible approach to successfully achieving the targets that support a rapid and innovative product development environment.
Navman Wireless provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Navman Wireless complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Navman Wireless expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability to Navman Wireless employees to perform th
eir expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Navman Wireless - 9 months ago