Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Senior Systems Administrator
What You'll Do:
We are seeking a skilled Senior Systems administrator to:
- Support daily maintenance and compliance tasks.
- Provide architectural guidance and system configuration and maintenance support.
- Provide broad support to multiple customers in a very nimble and active environment.
What You'll Need:
Applicants with active security clearance (SSBI, DOD Secret, DOD Top Secret) are strongly preferred. Successful candidate shall have the ability to complete a security investigation and meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
· SolidWorks , AutoCAD (or similar CAD application)
- BS in Information Technology or a related technical field, plus 8 or more years experience as a systems administrator.
- Experience should include providing routine maintenance of production servers; routine maintenance of engineering workstations; developing and maintaining shell scripts; installing the operating system, patches, and an assortment of applications.
- Strong skills related to scripting, and automation techniques
- Experience with Microsofttm computing environments
- Experience working with secured program areas
- Experience configuring and maintaining Microsoft Exchange systems
- Experience configuring and maintaining Microsoft 2003 server operating environments
- Experience configuring and maintaining a broad spectrum of engineering oriented applications including:
· SharePoint (or similar system)
· Agile (or similar PDM system)
· Matlab (or similar)
- Experience configuring security parameters and permissions using methods imbedded within the Microsofttm Domain Infrastructure
- Experience configuring and operating tape backup systems
- Experience operating an environment that meets NISPOM chapter 8 security requirements.
- Sound judgment and superior problem solving skills
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting network infrastructure components (routers, switches)
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher level degree may substitute for two years of related experience. Related experience may be considered in lieu of education.
Nice To Have Skills:
- Experience with science and engineering applications such as ENV/IDL, Matlab.
- Experience using VMware products (ESX, VSphere, View)
- CISSP Certification
- Experience or familiarity with thin client (Remote Desktop or VDI) infrastructures
- Experience configuring central software license management systems (FlexLM, Sentinel)
- Experience with Powershell or Microsoft VB.Net technology
Relocation: Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Ball Aerospace - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard