The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure. The candidate will provide leadership and mentoring to the other Systems Administrators. The candidate must have the ability to think on his/her feet and employ a best-practices approach to issue resolution. The position will be responsible for multiple locations.
- Able to take on a leadership role in managing systems-related projects.
- Manage, administrate and maintain infrastructure as required to ensure uninterrupted availability of computer systems and local/wide area networks.
- Manage daily system monitoring, including review of logs, to verify the integrity of hardware, server resources, systems and key processes.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures including coordinating and communicating with management, vendors and impacted constituencies.
- Manage and review daily backup operations ensuring that all required data is successfully preserved on appropriate media and sent offsite in accordance with archival policies.
- Manage periodic tests to validate recoverability of data and conduct formal recoveries as needed.
- Provide support to satellite offices and remote users including diagnostics, installation, and repair.
- Install/rebuild servers, routers, switches and hubs and configure services in accordance with standards and project or operational requirements.
- Oversee the creation, , administration , and management of user accounts.
- Upgrade and configure software in support of business applications.
- Perform security monitoring to identify and remediate possible intrusions.
- Manage the delivery of periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Participate in disaster recovery planning and testing activities.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Manage the implementation of file archival and purging as necessary.
- Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Direct the management of server patches and upgrades on a regular basis.
- Manage the development and of maintenance installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Provide Tier 2/3 support as needed.
- Research and recommend innovative and, where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks including maintaining and upgrading administrative tools and utilities.
- Educate and mentor IT Help Desk support staff as needed.
- Educate and mentor other Systems Administrators as needed
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field. Systems Administration or related certifications a plus.
- A minimum of 6 years in a fast-paced, multi-site, service oriented environment.
- Proficiency in administration and support of computer hardware, network, servers, routers, switches, desktops, security, backups and email.
- Expert knowledge of MS Active Directory, Domino Administrator, DNS/DHCP, TCP/IP, Group Policy, MS Windows Server OS, Scripting, VMware/virtualization, Enterprise Antivirus & Data Backup management, Blackberry Enterprise Server, Citrix XenApp, NetApp SAN, Lotus Notes/MS Exchange, MS Windows, Juniper VPN
- Knowledge of and experience with Internet/Extranet/Intranet-facing environments
- Client-focused with attention to quality and detail.
- Energetic, self-motivated and resourceful.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and share results of assigned projects with team members
- Experienced in Data Center Operations. Understands best practices in areas such as power balancing/consumption/capacity and cable routing.
We encourage a candidate who demonstrates outstanding inter-personal communication and the ability to work in a team environment or independently, with a high degree of integrity and accountability.
- Must be willing to travel to ASPCA locations and to participate in off-hours support as needed.
- Knowledge of Avaya, Interactive Intelligence, Polycom, WebEx and MAC environments a plus.
- A love of animals and an interest in the organization’s mission of animal welfare is preferable.
Our generous benefit package includes the following for full-time employees and (if qualified, we offer domestic partner coverage!) Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Transit checks, Tuition Assistance Program, Training Seminars, EAP, 50% animal hospital discount, Vacation, Sick, Personal & Company Holiday time off.
This group watches out for Fidos, Fluffies, and other furry friends all across the country. The ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention...