Why Join Gemvara? |
At Gemvara you will be part of a close-knit team that is passionate about changing the face of e-commerce. You will be surrounded by innovative people who truly believe in the company and in one another. At Gemvara, your ideas will be recognized, your intelligence will be applied, and if you work hard, your opportunities to succeed will be endless.
About the Job:
Gemvara°s mass customization technology and just-in-time manufacturing offer customers millions of options to personalize each design. We have a true virtual inventory model where each piece is manufactured to order at the highest possible quality. The technical challenges in product development are significant, including navigating a world of user-generated content. We are building an e-commerce product set that is unique to the industry.
We have a values-based culture that rewards/celebrates solving unique, large scale business challenges based on your abilities. We are looking for highly motivated and passionate people who want the opportunity to make a significant technical impact and shape the future of e-commerce.
What You ’ll Do:
The Senior System Administrator will design, analyze, build, configure, troubleshoot and implement best practices and infrastructure for Gemvara ’s Service Platform and hosting environment. The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for overall co-located datacenter physical and cloud-hosted systems.
• Linux Systems Administration (RHEL 5, SSH, SFTP, DNS, scripting)
• Installation, deployment, support and maintenance of physical and virtual server hardware and operating environments.
• Installation, deployment, support and maintenance of backup systems.
• Monitor all Windows and Linux systems and traffic to ensure maximum availability and performance.
• Diagnose, solve and provide root cause analysis for application, hardware, network, and O/S issues.
• Evaluate and analyze systems, performance, issues and metrics in order to provide recommendations for service improvements.
• Coordinates with other staff on the design, implementation, operation, and maintenance of systems and network.
• Perform in-depth analysis and detailed reporting on capacity planning, SLA performance, Operating System and major application software patch assessment and security vulnerability analysis.
• Review, audit, define, update and implement Service policies and procedures to safeguard critical systems, information and data.
• Create and maintain high-quality documentation of all relevant specifications, systems, and procedures.
• Assist in the development of processes to maintain business continuity and recovery standards for all systems and networks.
• Work with 3rd party vendors to resolve issues
• Provide 24x7 On-call support
" Experience You ’ll Need to Be Successful: • Deep hands-on knowledge of Redhat Linux and networking • SAN technologies and storage experience required • Experience using Amazon EC2 • 8+ year°s administrative experience with Linux in a large SAAS/Hosting type environment. • 8+ years ’ experience with a large scale server environment If this sounds like a fit, we would love to hear from you!
Gemvara - 20 months ago