HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. has a great opportunity for a Senior Systems Administrator who will install, configure, and maintain operating systems workstations and servers in support of business processing requirements to develop or modify moderately complex information systems. This position will also ensure long-term systems operations and administration requirements are included in the overall information systems planning of the organization. This position is located at the Corporate office in Houston, TX.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software related problems.
- Maintain server and network documentation.
- Ensure long- systems operations and administration term requirements are included in the overall information systems planning of the organization.
- Implement operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.
- Install, configure, and maintain server operating systems.
- Install, configure, and repair server hardware.
- Ensure workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions Manage network system backups.
- Support remote users in accessing corporate resources.
- Perform system administration duties in a Windows Active Directory environment.
- Participate in disaster recovery planning, testing and response.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on all hardware on a routine and scheduled basis.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Support, maintain, and administer third party applications.
- Act as 2nd level support for desktop issues.
- Participate in on-call rotation for off-hours support.
- May be assisted by entry or immediate level team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience
- Minimum of five years of relevant and progressive professional experience
- Experienced with the administration of Microsoft Active Directory, VMware, and Citrix
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills and in-depth knowledge of multi-site, mixed-technology enterprise environments
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Backoffice Products, including Systems Management Server (SMS), MS-SQL, ISA Server, and Internet Information Server (IIS)
- Sound working knowledge of Internet/Intranet technologies including security features
- Sound working knowledge of network infrastructure and operations, including switching, routing, Ethernet, TCP/IP
- Sound working knowledge of remote access technology
- Citrix experience is a plus
HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.hcc.com for more information about our companies.